Sign in to follow this  
nitz

Camera went purple/red after power outage

I'm having some issues with one of IP cameras, they are running at 720P since I can't afford the storage for all my cameras, I got some serious power outage which led the backup battery to shutdown, after that, one of my cameras came back with some purpleish tint that wont go off even playing with it's settings and resetting it. It's not really a cheap camera, it did cost me about U$90, goes up to 1080P has varifocal lens, IR-Cut and IR up to 60 meters, it's also water and sun proof.

The quality also dropped considerably, but it works great when the IR kicks in, here is a short comparison: (Sorry for the pic size, took it from my phone from the lower quality stream)

Do I have to buy another one? Thanks

293800_1.jpg

After the problem:

293800_2.jpg

I'm having some issues with one of IP cameras, they are running at 720P since I can't afford the storage for all my cameras, I got some serious power outage which led the backup battery to shutdown, after that, one of my cameras came back with some purpleish tint that wont go off even playing with it's settings and resetting it. It's not really a cheap camera, it did cost me about U$90, goes up to 1080P has varifocal lens, IR-Cut and IR up to 60 meters, it's also water and sun proof.

The quality also dropped considerably, but it works great when the IR kicks in, here is a short comparison: (Sorry for the pic size, took it from my phone from the lower quality stream)

Do I have to buy another one? Thanks

293800_1.jpg

After the problem:

293800_2.jpg

power down and power up the cameras

and see if its help

Hmmm - van not there and picture is fine. Van parked there and picture is not fine. Check out what is in the van.

But I'm only joking. It would appear that the mechanical IR cut filter is cactus. If you are pressed for cash it is a picture I could live with until you have the readies for a new camera.