Sign in to follow this  
bravo64

Need some assistance, please

Can anybody help me properly configure a ZMODO system? The model #ZMD DT-SCN8. I have a modem supplied by Internet provider and I have a separate ASUS routerRT-N66R. I have been able to configure so that I can see on my computer or monitor inside my home, however, never been successful at viewing remotely on my android phone. Need someone who is skilled or has the know how on port forwarding and such. I would greatly appreciate it. I've tried many different combinations/port numbers. At this point, I'm so confused, not sure where to begin again. Someone must be able to help?

Edited by Guest

You should give more information on your system: which equipment you have etc.

Last few years, all DVR/NVRs and IP cameras support also P2P / cloud connection without router programming, so check your installation manual.

http://kb.zmodo.com/index.php?action=artikel&cat=183&id=107&artlang=en

Does that help or look related to your system?

If you download that and it works while your at home connected to your WiFi then when you are out you'll need to setup a Dynamic DNS account with someone so your router or DVR can send the current IP address to the dynamic DNS provider so you can connect when not on the same network.

Does your DVR provide any QR code or smart code or number to login to an application if it does then you might not even need Dynamic DNS and just to type this number into the application and it'll do the work for you.

you'll need to setup a Dynamic DNS account with someone so your router or DVR can send the current IP address to the dynamic DNS provider so you can connect when not on the same network.

Asus routers provide free DDNS hosting.

Paul.