Sign in to follow this  
NBNW20

Help Surveillance Newb With New Apartment

Hope I have the right forum. I'm new here and to home surveillance systems as well.

I just moved into a new apartment and, despite the fact it's a nice complex, apparently crime is an issue here. A neighbor confirmed my fear that some of the maintenance here go into apartments without permission.

I would like to setup a camera in both my living and office rooms, as well as setup a sign inside the apartment when I leave town.

1. Would anyone recommend a certain camera? Nothing really cheap but nothing really expensive either.

2. Would the cameras record to my computer? Should I be concerned that an intruder would steal my computer as well that holds the video footage?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Taylor

Setting up a sign outside would probably deter them (hopefully). If they were determined to get in, and it was a maintenance person with keys, the could/would steal camera or computer.

You can get cameras that record to computer or sd card or both. If it were me, and I thought it was maintenance people, I would not use a sign and go with hidden/pinhole ip cameras.

A google search for pinhole ip camera will bring results. Axis, Acti, Dahua, Hikvision are some of the good names I saw on a quick search.

You can try a cheaper off brand, but remember, you get what you pay for.