TerraCotta

Most Beneficial Nest Cam Outdoor Placement In This Backyard?

Hello!

I'm not certain where would be the most beneficial placement for my single Nest Cam Outdoor camera. Here is a photo of the backyard:

295842_1.jpg

A) Above the back staircase door: but then the glass double doors wouldn't be monitored.

B) Above both back doors: but the height may be too high.

C) Above the glass double doors: but then the back staircase door wouldn't be monitored.

D) On my backyard fence (from where I took photo) monitoring the backyard, looking back at the house.

I'm more concerned about detecting people attempting to enter, so I'm not certain that I would put identifying faces as the priority. I'm not sure if I'm making myself clear, but I thought that I would add that.

Thank you for any thoughts!

I would think D is also a good place, since the intruder would be attempting to enter the house so he will be in the yard. There's no trees and so on, so any person movement detected in the yard would be your warning?

Disclaimer: Newbie opinion.

I'm also new in the game and I have evaluated some software. So far Sighthound seems to be quite good and it will work great in your case as you can 'draw' a region where motion should be monitored and then set up email or other alerts. It can even distinguish between humans and objects.