Sign in to follow this  
sandro03

Sending stream to server

Hi guys

Im searching a easy way to send a stream automatically to a server. The usecase is as follow: Clients have cameras at home and they should send the camera stream encrypted to a server. The clients shouldn't configure something like port forwarding etc. -> the solution should be plug and play.

What are ways to solve this problem? Have someone an idea or experience in this topic?

I know there is the possiblity with p2p but Im searching a solutions like a custom cctv firmware which is configured to send all stuff to a server.

thanks

Hi guys

Im searching a easy way to send a stream automatically to a server. The usecase is as follow: Clients have cameras at home and they should send the camera stream encrypted to a server. The clients shouldn't configure something like port forwarding etc. -> the solution should be plug and play.

What are ways to solve this problem? Have someone an idea or experience in this topic?

I know there is the possiblity with p2p but Im searching a solutions like a custom cctv firmware which is configured to send all stuff to a server.

thanks

I believe Xeoma will send a stream to another server running Xeoma, but I've never tried it. This means you'd need two licenses (they aren't expensive), and as for port forwarding, if it's sending it out, it may not need it. You could always get a trial and test it out.