sarolcctv

camera suggestions needed please.

hi everyone. i'm looking for a camera but i've got a criteria. i need a wireless camera that can run from a car/truck battery. so it can be mounted on a post that will be moved around the small yard. all i want is a live feed and do not need to record. the monitor does not have to be big. i,ve searched online but can't find a wireless camera that is 12volt. the camera needs to focus down to about a metre. i have tried the usual maplin pc world/curries. any advice please.

I used to have a small camera with a 2.4GHz transmitter built in, which ran on a 7AH jelly battery for about 12 hours. It possibly came from CPC, try searching for things like baby monitor.

looked at baby monitors but they dont do weatherproof monitors. the other camera you said what did you veiw it on. tried a maplin camera 2.4 ghz with receiver. through a dongle and taptop but signal was to weak.

looked at baby monitors but they dont do weatherproof monitors. the other camera you said what did you veiw it on. tried a maplin camera 2.4 ghz with receiver. through a dongle and taptop but signal was to weak.

What sort of distance are you trying to achieve?

It was a cheap camera attached to a fairly standard 2.4GHz video sender style of unit which I plugged into a TV. I made up a battery pack with about 6 or 7 c size nicads to use it at fetes etc on a 3m pole to be able to see what's happening elsewhere on the site and regularly achieved up to 100m clear line of site, this easily comes down to 10m if obstructed by vehicles or people.

Mine wasn't a waterproof camera, there are waterproof versions out there but in any case it isn't too

difficult to make up a waterproof box.

With VERY careful positioning I have achieved over 1Km with an ordinary 2.4GHz video sender system but that was exceptional.

If you are using a pc to view this then why not put up a wifi router and use an ip camera but my experience is that 2.4GHz wifi have no better range than video senders but there is more versatility. This is not my field of expertise but I'm sure there are people on here who can help with that.

distance of 40 metres and less. all the wifi cameras iv'e looked at have said high speed internet needed, so i was not sure if you could connect the camera to PC using a router with no internet access. asked in various shops and all said internet needed.

distance of 40 metres and less. all the wifi cameras iv'e looked at have said high speed internet needed, so i was not sure if you could connect the camera to PC using a router with no internet access. asked in various shops and all said internet needed.

My gut feeling is you don't need internet but I put my hands up and say I'm not an IT guy so I don't know, I guess others on here will chime in and give an accurate answer.