HIGHGROOVE

Home camera ideas and help

Hello community glad to have found you and could use some guidance as im pretty green at this lol.

Want to get a decent 8 camera system for our home, Outdoor use, and more then likely will be hard wired in.

I see many on amazon and at costco, but want advice as to what would be a good fit and model for the situation.

A few questions if they are operated on WIFI will that BOG down our home WIFI......if so ill hard wire them

Also as far as them recording do they constantly record or only during motion detection?

IF someone could hold my hand thru this process it would be greatly appreciated lol

You can tell system to record whenver you want. 24/7 or on motion or certain times a day, motion certain times a day. You can control the sensetivity to motion. Hard wired is best. With one cat5 cable you can provide power and data using a POE camera and POE switch.

I agree, wifi is never good for security cameras. I would also reccomend spending a bit more and getting Dahua or Hikvision online, New Egg sells both. My first security camera system was from a big box retailer and it was crap.

Appreciate all the help.......slowly learning im looking thru amazon and trying to find a decent affordable 8 camera system...........

Another question i want them hard wired but that being said will i be able to access the wifi features thru the app as well......or can i not have best of both worlds?

You are talking about 2 different aspects of wifi. A wifi enabed camera means that the camera sends data to the NVR wirelessly. The ability to see the cameras on your phone is totally different. Your phone will get data from the NVR, not from the cameras. So as long as your NVR is connected to your network, your phone app will work.