Sign in to follow this  
Colm

RF modulator

I have just moved a DVR 25ft away from it's old location which used to be beside an RF modulator which distributed the cameras picture to the TVs now there is no picture but there is the four boxes on the screen for each of the four cameras but no picture. Does the RF modulator have to be close by the DVR ?

I have just moved a DVR 25ft away from it's old location which used to be beside an RF modulator which distributed the cameras picture to the TVs now there is no picture but there is the four boxes on the screen for each of the four cameras but no picture. Does the RF modulator have to be close by the DVR ?

Hi. If you have the 4 empty screens up then the modulator is doing its job.

As for no screen images I would look at .... first..... have you plugged cameras into the right location on the back of your dvr ?

You might have an 8 way and connected to 5-6-7-8 and if your dvr is only told to show 1-2-3-4.

Second ...... did you mover camera power supply ..... have you plugged it back in

Hi and thanks for the reply.

Yes the cameras are showing on the App all four of them. It would hardly be because I used RG59 instead of coaxial to feed the rf modulator do you think as I say it's 25ft or so

Hi and thanks for the reply.

Yes the cameras are showing on the App all four of them. It would hardly be because I used RG59 instead of coaxial to feed the rf modulator do you think as I say it's 25ft or so

I thought you said the 4 squares are showing on the tv but without camera image .?

That's right they are

Like I said .... It will not be the modulator ..... The gui is on the screen so it's nothing to do with distance or cable.

Did you check the camera connections and power supply