Sign in to follow this  
shane123

Hikvision DVR and 3mp cameras problem....

Hi

I have setup my first cctv system this is what i have so far ...

Hikvision DS-7208HUHI-F1/N with 4tb WD purple Hdd..

2 x 3MP WHITE HD TVI AHD CVI ANALOGUE CCTV BULLET CAMERA 2.8-12mm ZOOM LENS 60m IR These ... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3MP-WHITE-HD-TVI-AHD-CVI-ANALOGUE-CCTV-BULLET-CAMERA-2-8-12mm-ZOOM-LENS-60m-IR-/122218829801?hash=item1c74cf57e9:g:y64AAOSwx2dYI2Nl

Cabled with,kenable CCTV Cable Reel Coax And Power RG59+2 Shotgun Lead CCA/CCS Black.

Screw on BNC and screw on power ends...

The problem i have or may not have (as this is my first cctv setup) is the image seems a bit grainy like very small lines in the picture.... Then at night one of my cameras which is close up zoomed in near a door looks fine just a bit grainy but the other camera which is zoomed out to cover a bigger area goes really grainy (this is hard to explain) is it possible that its normal as the distance one needs to cover more area?

I hope some of this makes sense?

Shane

I do have some small cctv footage clips of the two cameras can i upload to see what the experts think ? if so what format can i upload in ?

What device are you using to view the image?

If it is the app is it set to main stream(clear) or substream(fluent)?

What device are you using to view the image?

If it is the app is it set to main stream(clear) or substream(fluent)?

I have a computer monitor connected through vga, and the hikvision app plus ivms-4200 on my MacBook ... Its the same on all screens so must be happening in the main box ??

Shane

Edited by Guest

How are the cameras powered? Looks like a psu issue to me.

It might be a pain but could you take down the faulty camera and locate it next to the Dvr using new cable to eliminate possible cable/connection issues.

Thanks for the reply, they are powered from a 12b 5amp supply with 4 way split, but I found last night if I disconnect the second camera it vastly improved, but the cameras are rated at 1 amp each and nothing seems wrong with the second one ... I can take it down and try as I need to get it sorted .. the cable is all brand new but I could have caught or nicked it as installing ...

I sent the pictures to the place i bought the cameras and DVR from they said very quick Ground Loop Feedback, Is this something that can normally be fixed without fitting Ground loop isolators?

If not can anyone recommend ground loop isolators ? I'm now concerned as i add cameras is it going to get worse of bleed to other cameras?

Shane

I think you only get ground loop problems when two cameras are connected to two different earthing systems so therefore in your own house that is impossible.

A large site may have more than one earth and this can create earth loop problems.

Do you have another psu?

Swap the "faulty" camera to the good psu output?

Ok i have been having a play with psu etc.. so i have another one which does the same, i unplug camera 2 and camera 1 is perfect i then plugged in a couple of old cameras and some cheap leads and the problem comes back so it seems if i give camera one its own psu all is good as soon as it shares it plays up !!!

What could cause that ?

307705607_cam1withcam2in.jpg.309309d9e82ad0c3aded0f0779dcbda4.jpg

1421288914_cam1withoutcam2pluggedin.jpg.83f844f87fb91ce0b128d47f729f39f6.jpg

I'm not sure mate. At least you know both cameras are ok.

I suspect your five way psu is not the best.

Hi. Looks like a power problem. Running 1 supply with pig tail is never a good idea.

If you can I would run two power supplies 2 cams on each.

Problem with 12v 5amp and your cameras being 1amp.........when IR switches you will get each camera drawing more power over your 5amp.

Going with two 5amp supplies gives 2amp each camera which covers your 1amp plus surge.

Hi. Looks like a power problem. Running 1 supply with pig tail is never a good idea.

If you can I would run two power supplies 2 cams on each.

Problem with 12v 5amp and your cameras being 1amp.........when IR switches you will get each camera drawing more power over your 5amp.

Going with two 5amp supplies gives 2amp each camera which covers your 1amp plus surge.

Thank you

Problem is I'm only running two cameras now and already have the issue which goes away with just one camera.. don't know what to do ..

Shane

Hi. Is this the type of bnc you are using ?

Where are you located.

Hi

Yes they are the type I'm using screw on ones, i made sure it screwed onto some of the outer shield wire.. See below for connectors and wire

Im great yarmouth Norfolk

Shane

Wire.png.3a071cc6fe0379771b5cc601c39b0db0.png

BNC.png.ebc8c183db2c1c286b82a76a30d51941.png

1438288830_power2.thumb.png.fd979ceeaa39219b1dc4251a3a7c9904.png

Ok i have swopped the cameras over today will see when it gets dark if the problem has moved or stayed...

Here is the cameras now the lines have gone since changing them around very strange ...

518053724_cam1moved.jpg.414568125e54d4c2b2f6e14b08c3633f.jpg

1728185379_cam2moved.jpg.9fb638e97238513b8dc1e4e5c48761ac.jpg