rizla

Please help me understand and improve my image quality

HI

I have a HikVision DS-720*hwi-sh system with 8 cameras (connected via Cat5)

2tb storage

When it was installed I was told the settings allowed for about 1 week storage (it came with 1tb) so now presumably with doubling the hdd size this means 2 weeks looped recording.

I accept it's older tech but I want to improve the image quality.

Some of the camera seem great in light and dark but some just seem not so great when viewing the images

I have attached the current settings and also a pic showing 2 of the camera from the front and just how different they are despite the same settings.

Cam 2 is sharp and even the OSD text is sharp but Cam3 appears blocky

The 3rd pic is of the settings of one of the cameras which shows how gash the night time resolution is in complete darkness and I wonder how I can improve this?

My aim is to boost the image quality so that I return to about 1 week recording with better day and (especially night) images

All education and advice appreciated!

CCTV_1.thumb.jpg.6bd2b7a6bc650a1cb974e585ccfbccd3.jpg

CCTV_2.thumb.jpg.4e0bc56ff96dc3c9b5c949f3cfac2762.jpg

CCTV_3.thumb.jpg.52406f833184c219a1f43d7b72a50c34.jpg

The best way to improve nighttime image quality is to improve your exterior lighting .locating said lighting above and/or behind the camera's field of view is always better .

Also set the image quality to the highest setting

Thanks

How can I see the impact of how many days my storage will reduce by when I bump up image quality please?

if camera support motion detection, you can set these camera to record when there is motion object. then it will need less space to save video.