Zombie

Opinions on generic wifi IP camera systems?

I want to installed an outdoor camera system that is motion activated and maybe p2p compatible for easy access from outside the network.

Basically I am just looking for something to record movement when a car enters the driveway, something moves in the yard, or the UPS guy shows up and have access to at least 1 stream remotely at 720p (at least 10FPS)

There are a bunch of these 4channel 720p wireless camera systems with an NVR for around $150 but there aren't many in depth and informed reviews on them.

Will I be disappointed picking up one of the cheap generic systems?

I want to installed an outdoor camera system that is motion activated and maybe p2p compatible for easy access from outside the network.

Basically I am just looking for something to record movement when a car enters the driveway, something moves in the yard, or the UPS guy shows up and have access to at least 1 stream remotely at 720p (at least 10FPS)

There are a bunch of these 4channel 720p wireless camera systems with an NVR for around $150 but there aren't many in depth and informed reviews on them.

Will I be disappointed picking up one of the cheap generic systems?

Yeah, you are right buying a cheap generic systems is not a good option at all.

I would like to suggest you this : https://reolink.com/product/rlc-411

300264_1.png

Zombie, if you do a little homework, you will find out wireless is not totally reliable and will let you down. You will need a power wire to the camera(s) anyways, so you might as well run cat5/cat6 and do it right.

Zombie, if you do a little homework, you will find out wireless is not totally reliable and will let you down. You will need a power wire to the camera(s) anyways, so you might as well run cat5/cat6 and do it right.

Thank you both for the replies.

I really don't want to run ethernet to the outside and drilling through the walls, but I understand what you're saying about PoE being simpler.

Why do you say wireless is unreliable?

I found a lot of people had congestion issues which caused connection problems but it sounded more like they just had no clue about wifi or networking and only wanted a plug and play magic system. I don't have any 2.4ghz congestion. All my 2.4ghz stuff channel hops or is set to be tolerant of my other wireless sources.

I currently have 2 cheap-o indoor ptz and 1 fixed ip camera but no nvr/dvr to record to, only their microsd cards and their ftp servers. I haven't had any issues with them so far.