Charlene1

Video Door Bell Cameras

Looking to purchase a video door bell camera for home which has a motion detection facility.

I would like to have the following:

view live footage and record it with audio.

plug in camera for home, not battery powered.

to be able to view and record footage on smart phone and small monitor

ability to have wifi and power supply via plug for the camera.

Is there anything on the market which fits this criteria?

Thanks in advance.

Ring doorbell. I purchased one and it was the best investment I have made.

In fact, I followed up with two Ring stick-up cams.

IMO, unless you want to do extensive rewiring in the home or drilling exterior holes into your place and running wires on the outside, Ring is a perfect INDOOR solution.

I am buying a separate Lorex (Flir) system for the exterior.

I was given a Ring Doorbell ... if I had purchased this product I would have returned it for the following reasons:

1) even with a 25Mb/5Mb internet service (considered high speed), by the time you receive notice that someone is at your door regardless of whether they actually ring the door bell, they are gone before I can get the APP up and active on my iPhone

2) Ring WANTS money for you to see video of who was at your door historically ... yes everyone has to eat ... but ... why pay for something that should be FREE

3) Ring will not allow anyone to access, store or capture any Video or Audio to a local host/server ... basically the RING device notifies a RING SERVER in the CLOUD which then notifies your Smart Phone ... at which point you have to find your phone, log in to your phone and finally activate the APP before you can actually respond to whom ever is at your door ... no one in this day and age is that patient

4) Ring currently does NOT support anything other then smart phones

5) Ring will not let you keep a continuous monitor of your device (live view) open for more then a few minutes at a time

What I have done is keep the RING device in place and use a cheap PTZ cam which automatically captures all video locally ... the RING provide a log (date and time) of any front door occurrences which can be used to look up video on the PTZ cam ... FREE.

My advice, get a ring doorbell from Costco or Amazon, somewhere with easy returns.

I had none of the issues or problems described by the other user, but everyone's installation and infrastructure is different.