Sign in to follow this  
anothermik

Single camera advice

Hi I've been looking for a camera and any advice would be very much appreciated.

It doesn't need to have nightvision or motion detect and picture quality doesn't need to be amazing. I have been looking at mini cameras so as not to annoy neighbours although that's not essential. I'd prefer cables over wireless and mobile phone alerts/access is not necessary. Just a single fixed camera that records non-stop with a range of around 30ft would do me fine. I'd also prefer to not use cloud storage especially if there were charges for this.

Thanks for your time reading this, Mike.

Another, do you mean 30ft away from camera, or 30 ft wide area? You might want to use a lens calculator to determine what size lens you want. https://www.pelco.com/partners/tools-calculators/camera-lens-field-of-view-calculator-fov

You can google for others.

Many cameras have sd card capabilities, you may not need a dvr, it depends how long you want to record. If you want to access the camera from your smartphone or computer, an IP/network camera is what you want.

That one looks pretty decent but I'll have to look at a similar one since I live in the UK (sorry I should have said). There are so many brands and I've read enough reviews to know that reading reviews is a waste of time. Lorex looks alright and I can make use of an extra camera.

Another, do you mean 30ft away from camera, or 30 ft wide area? You might want to use a lens calculator to determine what size lens you want. https://www.pelco.com/partners/tools-calculators/camera-lens-field-of-view-calculator-fov

You can google for others.

Many cameras have sd card capabilities, you may not need a dvr, it depends how long you want to record. If you want to access the camera from your smartphone or computer, an IP/network camera is what you want.

Thanks thats very useful I would be guessing otherwise and its for 30ft distance from camera.