Sign in to follow this  
laddjag1

Can It be done?

Hello and thanks in advance for any help on my question. I am creating a wireless camera that will need to transmit video at least 75 ft but no more than 100 ft. I want to know if there is a type of camera that can be hard wired to a wifi router input so that I do not have to use a IP camera and wirelessly connect to the wifi router. In essence, I want to receive the video signal from the video camera on a android or I phone from the 75ft distance. If there is a IP camera that can transmit that far directly to a smart phone, that would be ok also. thanks again, Joe Ladd

I think you are over thinking this. If I am understanding you correctly, all you need is an IP camera. You would then use an app on your phone to view the camera.

Hi Matt, I hope you are right about me overthinking this. So, what brand and model IP camera can connect to my smart phone without a router? All of the IP cameras I have found require a wireless router to connect with my smart phone. Or do you know a trick to eliminate the need for the router? Thanks, Joe

You still need the router. You said you wanted it "hard wired into a wifi router." So the camera will plug into the router and the router will make it seen on your wireless network that your phone is also on. Any camera that has an ethernet port can do this.