Sign in to follow this  
xzebra

Help for 1st Time System

Hello,

I want to install a outdoor camera system with about 2-4 cameras. I had a old buddy that had a Uniden System that saved everything on a SD Card with I personally like. I personally like the Arlo concept, although I don't think cloud based systems are the best. Don't personally feel safe and secure when anyone could really monitor what goes on in my neighborhood. With that said - I truly want a home based SD or other recordable system. As wireless as possible as I am not a fan of running a lot of wires, but with good nighttime recording. I personally would like to stay between $250-400 if possible.

Camera 1 - Front area with some street lighting and near the front porch light - Heavy traffic

Camera 2 - Back porch near slider - Lights usually off and dark at night. Spring and summertime has low to medium traffic

Camera 3 - Backyard no lighting at night. Low to medium traffic in spring and summer

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Hello,

I want to install a outdoor camera system with about 2-4 cameras. I had a old buddy that had a Uniden System that saved everything on a SD Card with I personally like. I personally like the Arlo concept, although I don't think cloud based systems are the best. Don't personally feel safe and secure when anyone could really monitor what goes on in my neighborhood. With that said - I truly want a home based SD or other recordable system. As wireless as possible as I am not a fan of running a lot of wires, but with good nighttime recording. I personally would like to stay between $250-400 if possible.

Camera 1 - Front area with some street lighting and near the front porch light - Heavy traffic

Camera 2 - Back porch near slider - Lights usually off and dark at night. Spring and summertime has low to medium traffic

Camera 3 - Backyard no lighting at night. Low to medium traffic in spring and summer

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Anyone?

Hi. There is not much advice when you have such a low budget.

Look for a lorex ip based system.

Also use a nvr ..... going with SD card will limit your storage and like you have said you have traffic on two of your cameras and that will fill your SD in no time

Hi. There is not much advice when you have such a low budget.

Look for a lorex ip based system.

Also use a nvr ..... going with SD card will limit your storage and like you have said you have traffic on two of your cameras and that will fill your SD in no time

Thanks Tom for the response.

Would something like this work ok - https://www.lorextechnology.com/wire-free-security-system/wireless-system-with-2-rechargeable-wire-free-cameras/LWF1080W-62-1-p

Not sure how good they are as I don't see many reviews on Youtube

Hi. That is a pointless system ..... just think about basics ..... rechargeable cameras....... so for hours your camera has been taken down just to charge it. Means no protection while on charge

What are you going to do if you go on holiday or spend a weekend away.

You can’t Evan add other cameras to that system other than the recharge cams...... new idea but useless

Take a look at this one

https://www.lorextechnology.com/hd-ip-security-camera-system/4-channel-hd-security-camera-system-with-ip-cameras/HDIP44D-1-p

Hi. That is a pointless system ..... just think about basics ..... rechargeable cameras....... so for hours your camera has been taken down just to charge it. Means no protection while on charge

What are you going to do if you go on holiday or spend a weekend away.

You can’t Evan add other cameras to that system other than the recharge cams...... new idea but useless

Take a look at this one

https://www.lorextechnology.com/hd-ip-security-camera-system/4-channel-hd-security-camera-system-with-ip-cameras/HDIP44D-1-p

Understood, however I have a few concerns and questions????

I am looking at a easy set up. My home is 3000+ sq ft with blown in insulation. So cables are not an easy install by all means. I rarely if ever leave the home for more than 5-7 days which most batteries would be fine, especially if charged before leaving. Do you have any other suggestions or ideas that may work without running a ton of cables in walls that are filled with foam?

Hi. Wireless system on 3000 + sq ft you will be lucky to get cameras to work

Ok 5 days away .... who will charge the cameras ???

Ip camera system I listed why do you need to run cables everywhere?

Your link is only for two cameras buying two extra to make it 4 cam system is a lot more than your budget

Wireless does not work and now with stupid rechargeable cameras is just wasting money.

Sit back and have a coffee ..... ask yourself ...... how long do you want the system to last ?

Can you buy a camera in 12 months if one fails

What is life time of batteries with charging all the time.

Do you want security that will last years or waste money every few years

Yes its a pain to run cat5 cables but once its done its done forever. Over the years you can upgrade your camers and dvr/nvr, but the cable stays the same. If you are on a tight budget imagine how much its gonna suck when you spend your money on a system that works poorly and now have no money left to do anything about it.

I thank you all for your help and honesty, much appreciated, but didn't care to be put down and attacked. I know we all disagree, just looking for some assistance

I understand what you are all telling me. Just not sure how to run the cables through the blown in insulation.

Most kits only come with only so much cable and how would I run all the cables to my upstairs office given the circumstances? I like you idea and it makes a lot of sense, however I need to know how to do POE. Any guides that are helpful? I have seen several on Youtube, but they seem really low budget not carry where the cable is placed or how it looks.

Thanks again for the feedback

but didn't care to be put down and attacked.

We’re was you attacked .

It’s the wireless battery system that’s attacked

You are right we can all disagree and make own minds up.

People who buy there first system always make a mistake if they don’t do homework.

You seem to be letting the fact that blown installation is your main problem

Cable rods is the simple answer