Mit3l

Wireless HDMI and other things

Hello there,

I have finally purchased some CCTV system for my house. Brand of DVR is HIKVISION.

Now, I plan on installing this 8 Chanel DVR on the third floor, and connect it to the Internet for access on my mobile device (all of that still to be done).

I don’t actually know what app I have to use and if that can be used on the lapatop too?

As I have no router in that floor (for Ethernet), I will be adding an extender router, which will allow me to connect the DVR to the net.

Now, is there a way for me to see this on my Samsung SmartTV screen on the ground floor? I.e in your experiences, via either an app or similar? Running a HDMI cable all the way down from third floor to ground floor is not possible.

The only thing I can think of is a wireless HDMI sender/receiver, but they can be somewhat costly – decent kits at around the £200 mark.

The only thing I plan on doing with this, switching back and forth every now and then to the CCTV while watching something.

Finally, I was told by a friend his CCTV system automatically flickers his TV channel to that of his CCTV if motion is detected. Is this something we can do with Hikvsion?

Thank you, in advance.

you can see the NVR over IP. I feed the composite video to Channelplus 5545 modulators to make all NVRs visible on all TVs. I bought the CCTV system from an apartment building off of eBay, learned a whole new skill set.

you can see the NVR over IP. I feed the composite video to Channelplus 5545 modulators to make all NVRs visible on all TVs. I bought the CCTV system from an apartment building off of eBay, learned a whole new skill set.

God you dont have a clue...you need to stop giving bad advice.