parallon

Expandable IP Security Camera System

Hello all. I am looking for a 16 channel IP Security Camera system that be expanded easily. I recently bought a Lorex system, which claim that there system is ONVIF compatible, but when trying to add another camera from another manufacturer, I was not able to set it up. The reason that I chose another brand is because it had a narrower FOV (82 deg) then the Lorex ones (101 deg) for my front door.

What brands <$2000 are available that are good quality, but also easily expandable? I don't need the full 16 cameras now, but I would like to start with at least 8. I also don't need PTZ either. Or is it better to buy a good NVR and go with different cameras from there? Either way, I just need an expandable system that plays well with other brands.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Thank you for your reply. I tried using a pair of Q-See QCN8068B. I would click on Quick Add, but nothing would show up in the list.

Mike

Hi. You will need to update your q-see firmware to work on the lorex to allow security patch.

You need to down load q-see config tool to your PC first

Oh, ok. So I finally found the Config Tool. Will this work with the cameras plugged into the back of my Lorex NVR? I don't have a switch with POE functionality.

Also, am I changing the IP address? My current network is 192.168.10.x. Is there a default IP address associated with the camera?

What security patch is preventing Lorex from seeing it?

Thank you again,

Mike

Oh, ok. So I finally found the Config Tool. Will this work with the cameras plugged into the back of my Lorex NVR? I don't have a switch with POE functionality.

Also, am I changing the IP address? My current network is 192.168.10.x. Is there a default IP address associated with the camera?

What security patch is preventing Lorex from seeing it?

Thank you again,

Mike

Hi . No you can't update via the lorex . .... Your q-see camera is a dahua and your lorex is also a dahua.

Dahua have sent firmware for all NVRs and cameras and requires a full setup again once done.

All dahua devices require 8 characters in password with numbers letters and 8 and above long ..... This also applies to IP cameras to connect

Hi tomcctv. Thank you for the info. So, I downloaded the tool, have the camera plugged into my router and powered by 12v power supply. I am not able to see the camera in the tool. What am I doing wrong? Does it matter what version of Config Tool I am using? Can I use Dauah's tool?

Also, where would I go to get the updated firmware? Sorry for my ignorance, but I have never done anything like this before.

Thanks,

Mike