Timehunter

Not a Clue

I don't have a clue where to start my research. I am a retired old fart living out in the country and loving it. As I have modest means I will do a little dumpster-diving occasionally at certain places. I came across a security company's dumpster and visited it occasionally. I have since acquired all sorts of new and new pull outs of security cameras (some still in the box) some system parts and fire alarm and smoke detector equipment, most all new. It is amazing what is thrown away at different companies. I even picked up a couple human sized commercial type robotic arms, plus other stuff.

I am good at electrical and know, at times, what not to do to let the magic smoke out of electronic stuff.

I am disabled and on a fixed income so I do not have any spare money.

I would like to hook up some of these security cameras to a laptop.

.I would like to place them at various places on my property.

My home sets back around 700 feet from the road and would like to be able to see what is going on at different places.

Where do I even start?

How could I hook up to a laptop to make sure they work?

I have Everfocus ed350, Innotech exca234, and a lot of others like that.

Any thoughts, Ideas, are very welcomed.

First you need to determine if the cameras are working. If they have been thrown out they are either dead or they are old standard resolution analogue cameras. Determine the voltage requirement (should be marked). It will either be 12Vdc or 24Vac. Get a cable to plug it into your video I/P on your TV , switch the TV source to A/V, apply the required power and you should get picture