papagray

cctv to loftbox

hi

have tried in vain to sort this out searched the internet, spoke to loft manufacturer and NVR reseller but to no avail.

have a labgear Loftbox with network CCTV input, next to it I have hidden is my xvision x400r NVR.

I was advised to connect the nvr to a rf modulator then plug directly to to the loftbox sorry a Labgear hdu681, and then tune TV's

used a vga output to scart to connect to RF modulator again Labgear md111, thought to keep consist with manufacturer.

nothing blank screen

so this time was advised to use a video convertor video to vga then vga to rf modulator to labgear.

arrived today so tried again..

nothing. have given up with labgear never respond to e-mails and y3 keep sending me to sales

so anyone will it work ? have got it as I am disabled and it would be easier for me to see who is at door or lurking around the outside, as I have cams fitted to the back of the house and internally all are networked and when I plug tv into the x400r I get the cams straight away. cannot find anything in the manual accordingly the vga should work as a normal output

so you intelligent people just what am I doing wrong did check cables swopped them over tried running tv signal through rf mod to aerial input just a poor picture as I expected but nothing detected on tv

When you tune your TV are you making sure it is tuning into Analogue as well as Digital, the modulator you have bought will be analogue so will be the only channel on Analogue in your TV, set the modulator to say CH 22 and then tune Analogue to CH 22 and this will display cameras but to be honest putting the picture from VGA to a convertor that then gives it composite then into a modulator then through loftbox will give a poor picture,

your NVR will have HDMI, run HDMI cables to your TV and use a quality HDMI spitter or how about Cat5 connection to your broadband router via say homeplug system 500mps or 600mps minimum and installing the app on your Tablet or Phone?

Lots of differnet options but the quality from Analogue will not be great and then the issue of how do you change the channels from another TV without a load of pyrmids or IR Repeaters?

have got it networked already did run tuneup on tv but its the fact that nothing is being detected no picture at all, nor any sign of a signal from the nvr recorder from the vga port but a signal from the hdmi to monitor in its location is perfect its the connections from vga to vga box then vga box to the rf modulator then the labgear

there is no picture to the rest of the house.

that is what I wanted so I cannot understand what I have done wrong!

Possible issue you have the modulator set on the same CH as local DVB stations?

Is your MOD connected correctly to the loftbox?

Is the switch on loftbox set to UHF/CCTV?

Is there a gain adjustment on the MOD you are using? Turn it down as to much will lead to no picture as well i found in past

Another way is to take ANT feed into MOD then flylead from MOD to ANT IN on loftbox and dont use the CCTV connection and again retune it and check ATV on your TV

hi thanks tried the direct route, and the picture for sky become totally unseeable!

think my problem is within the scart socket I purchased a vga to scart and did a test but no picture from nvr to tv even

tried vga to tto tv from nvr good picture so that cable was fine! until I get the vga to rcs and rca/scart plug (switchable) can I retest the system. mod is labgear 111 and have no way of checking it is working until I can conclude a viable signal which is impossible to test that the equipment works as gear is secured next to loftbox , for security I am saddened that I was unable just to plug cctv nvr directly to loftbox, poor information from Labgear and Y3K

Check what CH in the RF section of your Sky box it is set to? Make sure modulator is not in that CH as well. Even if the feed from NVR is not working you will still pick up a Channel from the Modulator, the fact when u tried the direct route and you have lost sky would lead me to believe either your MOD is incorectly connected RF IN - RF OUT mixed up or the MOD is set to the same CH as SKY, are you able to view sky on any TV in the House?

yep I ensured the sky channel was different. I am able to view sky on all tvs I did have a blank screen (but no picture) at the time I was travelling from downstairs upstairs tuning in the channels and did at one stage view a black screen hence the fear it was the scart cable I purchased which maybe wired incorrectly for viewing scart to vga not vga to scart as I ordered. so now waiting again for the cable I have reordered. lots of fun!