wxman

Converting to IP

I'm trying to determine what a device is that is in some PTZ cameras. I'm thinking it may be a "DVR Card" but not completely sure if that's what this is or not. Basically, it's a small circuit board inside the camera housing of an analog (or hybrid analog 960H) camera system that accepts the wires coming out of the housing circuit board and converts them over to RJ45 Ethernet and allows these cameras to be used through the internet as an IP camera. In the attached picture, the green board is the analog housing circuit board and the blue circuit board is the "adapter" that converts to IP. Could someone tell me exactly what these are called? I've tried explaining it in Google, but not finding results of anything that looks like it.

Thanks!

ipboard.thumb.JPG.3cdf6d47a26eed8002a56f6eec8e179f.JPG

P.S. Just to clarify, there's no coax cables involved. I've seen some video encoders that will accept a coax and output an RJ45 network cable, but that isn't what this system uses. The zoom camera module connects to the housing circuit board with flat flex ribbon cable, then wired directly to this mystery (endoder/DVR card/whatever it's called) circuit board and then out as RJ45.

have you tried to google the info printed on the big chip on the blue board- that might give you a clue as to what function it does.

I did. I only find a document printed in Chinese. Using the google page translator, it translates the title of the board to "IP Module"....However, every "IP Module" I've found online has an actual camera sensor on the circuit board. This board has no sensor. All this one does is basically convert between analog and digital, much like a Network Video Recorder; Except it's mounted inside the housing, shares 12v power with the housing, and uses wire for it's analog input, rather than a coax. The Ethernet cable output allows you to connect to your router, then you can view, record and control the PTZ of the analog camera over the internet (even reset and restart the whole unit, as this circuit board is "in line" with the whole unit's power supply).

I've searched everywhere and can't seem to find an exact match for this. Doesn't seem to work exactly like a DVR card. Does the function of an NVR, except is connected and powered differently.

I've got some other analog PTZ's that I'd like to install a circuit board like this to, as it seems to be a better option than having a separate NVR...but can't seem to find anything else in the market that does this exact function. The chinese document describing the features of the board does not give any way of purchasing the board.