Sign in to follow this  
elmachico

dvr registration time

HI, i bought an Avtech dvr H264(4 channels) and hard disk 500gb. When i start recording my dvr registration is only 1 week. I want at least 20 day. i have set record type on cif. How i doing to obtain an highest duration of the recording??

I agree with philipscctv.

There are four things you can do:

1. set motion detection recording, it's a must. Take care of motion trigger area and sensitivity to avoid unnecessary recording.

2. set lower recording resolution and/or quality. I wouldn't do that, CIF is hardly acceptable if you ask me.

3. set lower FPS recording speed. Recommended: for example, if you set 10 FPS instead of 30 , you'll triple your archive duration and still have usable recordings.

4. install bigger capacity HDD (extra cost)

Thanks to all for reply. Now if i set motion detection recording the registration don't cover all 24H, i need this.

Watching on my dvr in record section i find

IMAGE SIZE(CIF, FRAME, FIELD)........QUALITY(NORMAL,HIGH, BEST,SUPERBEST)

CIF--->MANUAL RECORD IPS:100

FIELD--->MANUAL RECORD IPS:50

FRAME--->MANUAL RECORD IPS:25

OVERWRITE:yes

What is the best combination to obtain an highest time of recording?

Regarding a new hard disk i would try to resolve this problem whitout extra cost. Finally if it is really necessary changing hard disk, i will do in a second moment.

Again , I suggest you to choose high quality picture (BEST- SUPERBEST, FRAME) but lower recording speed , for example 6 -7FPS.

Unfortunately you should wait for a long time to check the effects, or you can erase (format) HDD and daily check the size of the recordings (watch the remaining HDD size on the screen)

Hi almest, if i set frame the ips is 25/4 and i will have 6-7 FPS fo each channel,while 100 IPS means that for each channel i have 25 FPS,right?

Please write the exact DVR brand and model.

Yes, 100 FPS means 25 FPS per camera (full speed live video). If the recording speed is set in total FPS than 25 FPS means 25/4 = 6,25 FPS per camera.