shawn305

disk i/o error

Hi everyone i have not been on the site for a while, just been busy.

I have a problem with my Intellex system, when i start it up it is giving me adisk i/o error replace the disk and press any key. i did some reading and i could have a bad hard drive or a hard drive that is not working. i was just wondering if i replace the hard drive how do i get the software to load back to make the system work? and how do i load the software on the hard drive? i have a Intellex DVMS DV16000.

thanks for your help Shawn305

The firmware should be downloadable from the manufacturer. If not, try to call them and ask if they have an FTP you can get it from or maybe they can just email it to you.

i just spoke to tech support and they do not have the software for it, they gave me the part number to buy the hard drive with the software already on it.. is there any other way? i have a hard drive to replace that one.

All the DVRs I've ever worked with have the firmware resident on the motherboard NOT the HDD. When the drive is replaced the system formats it during initialisation & off you go.

ok with that said i can just replace the hd and it will do it's thing and work again? i was told that the system is an older system and the software is in the hard drive and if i want to fix the problem then i have to purchase a new hard drive for the unit and all i have to do is plug it in and that is it?

the hd number i got was 0710-0014-0102. i hope that could help you help me....

thanks guys

ok with that said i can just replace the hd and it will do it's thing and work again? i was told that the system is an older system and the software is in the hard drive and if i want to fix the problem then i have to purchase a new hard drive for the unit and all i have to do is plug it in and that is it?

the hd number i got was 0710-0014-0102. i hope that could help you help me....

thanks guys

Hello.

The other option would be to purchase the recovery disk part number from any distributors and run them. American Dynamics do not have recovery disks available for d/l.

The recover disk part number is on a sticker on the front of the unit. Usually comes by 2 on older units, and on a DVD on latest units. the number also starts by 0710-xxxx-xx.

Best regards.

hey everyone i know this is an old post but i have this unit sitting in my basement collecting dust and i want to get it set back up... do you think it is worth it to buy the replacement hard drive for this unit or should i just cut my loss and but a new complete system for my home?

i know i had asked this question earlier in the post but i will ask it again just in case anything changed. can i access the software to install on a new hard drive? can i use any hard drive, plug it in and load the software?

Thanks Shawn

I had an Intellex originally for my home system. (It's now sitting in my basement collecting dust too.) As much as I liked it, it recorded in just under 2CIF resolution, had no mobile app and didn't email snapshots on alarms. I eventually replaced it with an American Dynamics TVR series recorder. If I was in your position, I'd probably just go for something new. To get yours working again, you'd need to install a new HDD and find the proper recovery discs for it.