Sasquatch

HIK IVMS-4200 and IVMS-4500 setup problems

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong,but It's probably a setting that I am messing up. I have forwarded all ports(8000,8008,443,1024) that I am using,so I don't think that's the problem,but if I use can>>you>see

I am using an NVG-510 router/modem combo supplied by ATT.

I am using the Hikvision 4 port NVR with (2) 2332 cameras. I can view video fine on the tv that the NVR is hooked up to and I can also go to hik-online which uses the ip address of the NVR and see video,configure settings,etc. I can not get the IVMS-4200/4500 software to work on the pc of my android device though.

I see videos of where the NVR and IP cameras are added to the 4200,but the NVR is the only device showing up on my online network devices on the NVR,there isn't any IP cameras listed. Is it because the cameras are hooked up to the poe on the NVR?

Also the link in the Hik DDNS webpage after I registered my NVR doesn't do anything,it just times out.

Help me out guys,I have been dealing with this for a few days and I'm at my wits end. If you need any more info,let me know.Thanks

Well first if the Camera are plugged into the NVR, you will not be able to discover them outside the NVR.

Also i would go into the NVR and change the RTSP Port to at least 2200, and make sure you change it in the Router also. If you have all ports pointing to the right IP address of the NVR then you shouldn't have any issues. Make sure you have the right static IP and make sure you are port forwarding in the right tabs in your router. Also you would add the NVR to 4200 software and not the single cameras in your case. If you are still needing help i can TeamViewer in and help you set it up.

Well first if the Camera are plugged into the NVR, you will not be able to discover them outside the NVR.

Wrong,depend on firmware ver of NVR

Also i would go into the NVR and change the RTSP Port to at least 2200, and make sure you change it in the Router also. If you have all ports pointing to the right IP address of the NVR then you shouldn't have any issues. Make sure you have the right static IP and make sure you are port forwarding in the right tabs in your router. Also you would add the NVR to 4200 software and not the single cameras in your case. If you are still needing help i can TeamViewer in and help you set it up.

Also HIK DDNS works very well do not need static IP

They said they could not get the DDNS site to work, so in that case you will have to use your static IP until the Site starts working again to register

Thanks for the info. The router assigned and ip address, will I use it for my preferred dns server? I'll forward port 2200. I was using 1024.

No you wouldn't use it for the DNS Server. You really don't have to have the DNS Server part filled. Do you have your Static IP of your internet, if not than you can go to myipaddress.com and use that in your ivmx app on your smart phone. and where it says port in the phone app, makes sure you are using your SDK Port number

They said they could not get the DDNS site to work, so in that case you will have to use your static IP until the Site starts working again to register

Do u really believe that lots of home owners will go and get Static IP ?

Lets hope so, unless they want there IP Address to keep changing when an outage occurs and spend days trying figuring out why they can't see their cameras anymore.

Woo hoo,got the iVMS-4200 to show video on the pc. I did a reset of my router and it started working.

What should I use for the settings under DDNS in the NVR menu?

DDNS type?

Server address?

Domain?

Now,how do I configure the Hikvision DDNS on hik-online.com? I thought I had done it right,it says the device is offline.

I see there is three things..

1.Device name

2.Serial

3.HTTP port

Thanks

Go to HikVision site first and fill out that information then it will give you the info you will need to input into your NVR

Your Device name is whatever you want to call it

Serial number would be found under Device Information, just copy and past

HTTP Port that you have assigned to your NVR

After said and done, when configuring your App make sure you inout the DDNS that you have created using the Domain in the Registered Mode

Good grief,now I can't get my email to work. I tried two different accounts and both failed the test email.i want to be emailed if motion is detected on a certain camera. Any ideas?

"Failed to send test email,please check the parameters or network status."

Good grief,now I can't get my email to work. I tried two different accounts and both failed the test email.i want to be emailed if motion is detected on a certain camera. Any ideas?

"Failed to send test email,please check the parameters or network status."

What email address are you trying to use, Yahoo has been giving me trouble but got Gmail to work

Hi

All. I also have problem to set connection.

I use BT Hub and a Hikvision CCTV. I have static IP, with the same router I can watch properly the camera, but outside I'm not able to see anything.

I have set the internal static IP to the CCTV. But it keeps changing the external IP.

At the "NAT" menu the mapping is enabled. The server port is 8000 the external server port is also 8000, but the external IP address keeps changing. If I check the actual external IP and set my device I can reach the camera using other router, but as it keeps changing, it's not so usable.

Any suggestion how to keep the external IP address same?

Thank you

I am having trouble connecting a remote PC to my DVR using iVMS-4200.

Firstly, I have installed iVMS 4500 on my iPAD and it works perfectly allowing remote access over the internet.

I installed iVMS-4200 on my laptop while connected to the LAN to which the DVR is connected and it also functioned correctly. All devices were detected automatically and the system operated correctly.

I am now trying to access the DVR remotely but the message "(Site) DVR Login failed. Error Code HCNetSDK.dll[7]. (Connecting to device failed. The device is offline or network timed out)"

Error msg is instantaneous so time out is not suspected while on line remote access using the iPad iVMS-4500 works just fine.

I would appreciate and advice on how to cure this.

mickpigg