Sign in to follow this  
goatboy

viewing DVR via mobile android app?

Hello All I am looking for advice please and this seems to be the right place(hopefully)

I have a Floureon D1 DVR cctv system and I am attempting without success to view the cameras on my Android mobile device over my home wifi network.

The DVR is connected directly to my home wireless router via a network cable.

I am using the Meye android app.

In the Meye settings I am entering the DVR's IP address including the Mobile Port number on the DVR (34599).

I haven't set a password on the DVR (yet)

At the moment I am just trying to view the cameras at home on my wireless network and not view them away from home.

When I enter the details the Meye app tries to connect but then I get the message 'server unavailable'.

I admit I am stuck so hopefully someone can help please.

Many thanks.

Ok mate got it, I was hoping I wouldn't have to start messing with port forwarding with it only being used on my LAN wifi, I will look into it.

Many thanks for the reply

And I would assume that port fwd is only when trying to access the service via the wan.

I have had some issue being able to access the cameras while locally on my wifi (same subnet)

Ok mate got it, I was hoping I wouldn't have to start messing with port forwarding with it only being used on my LAN wifi, I will look into it.

mmmm sounds like you havent port forwarded in the main router on your internet, what router make have you got. and do you have access to the router login via a network cable?

The whole story kinda: LOL

I am trying to access it via my Android app, either locally on wifi or eventually the 4G wan.

I have a higher end Asus RT-AC86. Ive turned port fwd on for the DVR port facing the WAN just because I eventually want to access it via my cell phone.

FROM UNREACHABLE SUBNET: I get "server unavailable" when I try to access it via a known unreachable subnet network during my tests. Because, of course, its not seeing the IP address.

FROM WIFI LOCAL LAN: I keep getting "buffering" from the local LAN so I had concluded that the network was good locally and must of been something else. Like its seeing the IP of the DVR but is failing to pull the data.

FROM 4G WAN: I get "Connecting.." then "Buffering" then "Not responding" and then back to connecting..

The port 80 web interface seems to work properly thruout the lan.

mmmm sounds like you havent port forwarded in the main router on your internet, what router make have you got. and do you have access to the router login via a network cable?

Its a Sky Hub and I eventually managed to get it working on my home wifi and on the mobile network when away from home.

As you mentioned I forwarded the DVR's *mobile port number* and also the *HTTP port number* and associated them both with my DVR IP address within the router settings.

I then entered the relevant settings in the Android Mobile Apps..

I used Meye app for my home wifi network and VMeye for use with the mobile network when away from home.

I found this video really useful...

I hope posting this link doesn't break any rules

Thanks again for replies

U dont have to mess with ur port, well i didnt anyways. Go to the play store an get an app called NVSIP. easy to setup an works fine. All u need is ur device id, user name and password.

U dont have to mess with ur port, well i didnt anyways. Go to the play store an get an app called NVSIP. easy to setup an works fine. All u need is ur device id, user name and password.

Ok can you view your cctv cameras on your mobile phone when your away from home via this app, if you can it certainly soinds easier than forwarding ports.

Ta

Don't understand why you are getting involved with port forwarding. Folks do seem to love confusing something very easy.. Maybe its too easy ?

Load sricam ap onto your phone. Power up DVR & cameras. Add new cameras as app instructs.

With DVR simply open menu-guide-next-next-network (disable DHCP)-next-next-next-Quick set/next-search-next-ok

On lappy load network settings ie BT home hub manager and disable DHCP on cameras and DVR after search procedure

Any problems, if you email my 6yo he'll do it for you... Not sarcasm, but it really is very simple