Sign in to follow this  
Homer67

Remote Access via Eseenet

Hi All,

I'm hoping I might find an answer to my problem so thanks for taking the time to read my post.

I have a CCTV system at home with a DVR and cameras connected via Cat5 with baluns to the DVR and camera terminals.

It all works well and until my Samsung S5 did an automatic upgrade to the latest version of firmware (lollipop) I was accessing my system remotely using an app called Eseenet.

Since the lollipop upgrade Eseenet doesn't work and only shows 'server busy' when trying to connect.

So I have two questions:

1. Has anyone else experience of this issue with Eseenet and the android lollipop upgrade and have you got round it?

2. Is there an alternative to Eseenet that will allow me remote access to my DVR on my mobile phone?

I have tried mobile phone forums but the response has been that I'm stuck with Android version 5 lollipop and I should contact Eseenet which I think is owned by Meyetech or something similar.

Anyway I've tried Eseenet support and after several unhelpful e mails and one very costly telephone call speaking to someone who I could barely understand, I just got told Eseenet is compatible with Android version 5.

It clearly isn't compatible as much of the feedback on Google Play Store states that since the lollipop upgrade Eseenet doesn't work.

I want to be able to view my cameras on the go and I'd like to dump Eseenet if it's not going to be supported on my mobile phone but I have no idea how to go about this?

Whats relevant and you haven't mentioned at all is what device make and model you have.

Then did you do any port forwarding or is this set up as a point to point?

If you did use port forwarding what are the default ports for your device?

all the other stuff like the model of mobile phone etc is irrelevant and not helpful.

It's only relevant that you have an Android phone and yul know that you can download apps at google play.

I've had a similar problem with a customer. Everything was fine when I installed the system a few weeks ago but now she can only access the images via wifi and not 4 g.

At least I can tell her it was probably an update issue.

Thanks

My first post on these forums, but discovered this thread after googling for an answer about why the app seemed to be unavailable from the play store now and thought I'd post.

I had this problem today while helping a friend. His NVR appeared to be occasionally working through the app on an iphone.

First of all we discovered that the app was no longer available through the normal 'google play app store' but eventually found a way to get the apk file. But after installing the app we could rarely get connected, and when we did we often just got a still image from one of the cameras.

Eseenet seemed to work fine on a laptop though.

In the end I tried something different. Rather than just using the eseenet "device number", I set up a free DDNS (I used no-ip), set up the NVR to use the DDNS address and connected the app that way. The android app seems to be working fine when connecting like this, and it could be worth giving it a go if you haven't already.

OK so apologies for not updating this but I had to do a pretty drastic fix to get Eseenet to work on my Android phone.

In the end I had to get a new phone which had the old version of Android and disable any updates for the OS.

Eseenet were worse than useless and just kept stating their app is compatible with Android 5 (Lollipop) which it clearly isn't as multiple reports on the Eseenet feedback on Google Play demonstrates.

My equipment is dTech DVR with analogue cameras connected via Cat 5 with baluns.

Ideally I want to dump Eseenet and get something else that works with up to date Android OS