Sign in to follow this  
kellogg

Is Lorex Technology in Trouble?

I upgraded to Lorex's next generation camera surveillance system in February 2016. The new recorder model is DV708-d and the new cameras are 1080 HD (model LBV2711B and LBV2723-C). The recorder quit working completely in June and Lorex replaced it. I've had nothing but problem with the motorized LBV2723-C cameras. The camera went bad in July and its been replaced twice with the same problem. Up until the end of August I was able to talk to someone within 15 minute hold time on the phone. Since the beginning of September, lorex is no longer taking calls from customers. You can still call either tech support or customer service, but you can't reach them or have them call you back. If you try to call either one, you will be told by the automated system that your estimated wait time is in excess of 30 minutes. I was on hold for over an hour on couple times before I gave up. The automated system will also tell you that if you leave your name and call back number someone will get back to you without you losing your position in the wait line. I also tried this and I'm still waiting since Sept. 19. I also noticed that none of Lorex resellers (ie. Costco, Best Buys, Amazon, etc) are carrying the next generation products. Is there anyone here able to shed some light on what's going on with Lorex or tell me how to get a hold of a live person at Lorex?

Hi. Costco and the likes only sell the domestic units

Lorex is far from being in trouble ... And there systems are dahua.

It sounds like you have the cvi unit

I'm just a home owner who wants to protect his property. I'm not into all the jargons used by experienced members of this Forum. What is a cvi unit? Does Dahua actually own & operate Lorex Technology?

I'm just a home owner who wants to protect his property. I'm not into all the jargons used by experienced members of this Forum. What is a cvi unit? Does Dahua actually own & operate Lorex Technology?

Flir are a licence holder for dahua along with IC realtime

CVI is the type of system you have ... HD over coax