GMAN12

Ethernet Cable?

New guy here. Would I have any problem going to a 50' ethernet cable? Where is a good place to buy one? What type of cable would I need? This is the only thing stopping me from placing my system where I want it. I have a Swann #88075 pro HD system. I talked to Swann and they don't have anything like that.

Thanks for any help.

Man, I'm totally illiterate when it comes to this stuff, that's why I joined this forum. I need to move my DVR to another room (approx 40') from my router, Would this gizmo work for that? Thanks for the help, really appreciate it.

Man, I'm totally illiterate when it comes to this stuff, that's why I joined this forum. I need to move my DVR to another room (approx 40') from my router, Would this gizmo work for that? Thanks for the help, really appreciate it.

Yes it will work and no need for cable ..... You can run cat5 cable but by the time you learn how to put ends on and also cost ... The netgear is a cheap option

Just went back and read the tech. specs, 2-6' cables included. Thanks, you're a lifesaver. I will order them and then probably have more questions, but really, Thanks for your help.

Just went back and read the tech. specs, 2-6' cables included. Thanks, you're a lifesaver. I will order them and then probably have more questions, but really, Thanks for your help.

Now hold on. tomcctv probably checked this out, but I want to bring this up just in case. Is this cat5 cable carrying NTSC video? That DVR doesn't look like it does IP. Also, do you have power being transferred over the cat5?

If either of these is true, that device will not work.

It sounds like to me the op wanted a cable between dvr and his router

Ok, yeah I only looked closely at the first message. Upon looking at subsequent posts that appears to be true.

Yep, I have my router in 1 room and DVR in another, I just need an ethernet connection between them. So, will the netgear work? Thanks

Yep, I have my router in 1 room and DVR in another, I just need an ethernet connection between them. So, will the netgear work? Thanks

Yes 100% I use them all the time

Thanks tomcctv for all of the help. Those Netgear gizmo's worked great so far. I got everything moved and it works, really simple. Makes me feel like an electronics expert

Thanks tomcctv for all of the help. Those Netgear gizmo's worked great so far. I got everything moved and it works, really simple. Makes me feel like an electronics expert

Glad it worked for you .... As networked gadgets IE freezers cookers. heating . They are a quick and handy way to connect.

Just trying out HDMI power plugs and they work well