cr87

DDNS without port number redirecting to Modem Router Page

Hello Experts,

I am new on here. Usually I try my best to fix my own networking issues but this time I have not been able to and I need guidance.

Modem/wireless router: HG8245H (Huawei)

Wireless router : TL-WR841N (Tp link)

First I would like to say the Huawei is supplied by my Telecom and is not the best device for port forward/rules/ etc. I cannot change that as it is a fibre connection. As far as technical support from telecom, well that is poor service and I cannot change to another provider. so I am stuck.

So that is the reason I got my own TP LINK which is working fine.

I have 2 IP camera. Ycam and Hikvision. Both of them can be access via NO-IP DDNS.

ycam: abcd.com:8150

hikvision: abcde.com:3139

AS you can see from snap 2, the internal host is being forward to my TP LINK IP

Both are working fine can be access remotely. But if I remove the port number, for example abcd.com or abcde.com, I get my Huawei router login page. That scares me.

There is no option to disable remote management login on that Huawei.

Any one who encountered this issue or know a bit more on Huawei modem router ? there are similar threads on here but did not work for me

Thank you everyone

snap1.jpg.470f887da1ae4f58fa2688de7a63dea2.jpg

snap2.jpg.74cf4f116c1a1bbdb31df1cf93edee98.jpg

958661759_ycamsetting3.jpg.6064dd652311917eff01da700dc0452a.jpg

Hello Experts,

I am new on here. Usually I try my best to fix my own networking issues but this time I have not been able to and I need guidance.

Modem/wireless router: HG8245H (Huawei)

Wireless router : TL-WR841N (Tp link)

First I would like to say the Huawei is supplied by my Telecom and is not the best device for port forward/rules/ etc. I cannot change that as it is a fibre connection. As far as technical support from telecom, well that is poor service and I cannot change to another provider. so I am stuck.

So that is the reason I got my own TP LINK which is working fine.

I have 2 IP camera. Ycam and Hikvision. Both of them can be access via NO-IP DDNS.

ycam: abcd.com:8150

hikvision: abcde.com:3139

AS you can see from snap 2, the internal host is being forward to my TP LINK IP

Both are working fine can be access remotely. But if I remove the port number, for example abcd.com or abcde.com, I get my Huawei router login page. That scares me.

There is no option to disable remote management login on that Huawei.

Any one who encountered this issue or know a bit more on Huawei modem router ? there are similar threads on here but did not work for me

Thank you everyone

Did you try this?

Solution: Disable WAN-side HTTP and Telnet access.

It is not possible to change the default web administrator's password for the user admin.

http://www.websec.ca/advisories/view/Huawei-web-backdoor-and-remote-access

Thanks for helping out.

Have a look the snapshot.

Very cautious so here is a snapshot from your comment , which one to disable please ?

snap3.thumb.jpg.21c554c2aeb2bf78132ce5a156eb8d26.jpg

Thanks for helping out.

Have a look the snapshot.

Very cautious so here is a snapshot from your comment , which one to disable please ?

From the snapshot the Http & Telnet is not enable over WAN.

So if your are really afraid, change the http port to other than 80 & create a very secure password to login.

Sorry but where do I need to go to change the http port ? ( in case you do not own this router

)

Regarding the password, I cannot change it. By default all Huawei modem routers can be access with username: telecomadmin and password: admintelecom

So this means if someone know my hostname.com , thy can use Huawei login details and access my setting

Thank you