Dyno1

RESIDENTIAL INDOOR / OUTDOOR SYSTEM SUGGESTIONS

I hope this is the correct forum to post this and if it is not please direct me to the correct one

I would like some recommendations on the following:

1. A camera that will monitor a small driveway and front entrance with high quality picture (20 x 40 size of driveway)

2. able to withstand temperatures that in the winter dip below 30 degrees Celsius

3. have the ability to see at night

4. POE type cameras and plan to use powerline adapters as power and running cables will be an issue

5. two way audio is great however is not required

6. the ability to view the video on apple and android devices and a windows PC - will use Blue Iris

7. the ability for me not to pay for video storage (ability to record video which will be easy to playback)

8. motion alert of some sort if possible but needed

9. prefer bullet type versus dome only because I can hide the bullet type cameras easier

10. Will also have one or two cameras in the house

Anything else that I should consider please let me know. I live in Canada so any brands that are easy to access in Canada would be appreciated. I have looked at Amcrest and here are the models I have looked at and would welcome feedback of any sort:

Amcrest UltraHD 2K (3MP/2304TVL) WiFi Video Monitoring Security IP Camera with Pan/Tilt, Dual Band 5gh/2.4ghz, Two-Way Audio, 3-Megapixel (2304x1296) @ 20FPS, Wide 90° Viewing Angle and Night Vision IP3M-941B (Black) IP3M-941B

Amcrest ProHD Outdoor 4MP POE Security Bullet Camera - IP67 Weatherproof, 4MP (2688 TVL), IP4M-1025E (Black) IP4M-1025EB

Amcrest UltraHD Shield 2K Dual-Band WiFi Video Security IP Camera w/ Two-Way Audio, MicroSD Recording, Super Wide 140° Viewing Angle, Full HD 3MP(2304×1296) @ 30FPS and Night Vision IP3M-HX2 (Black) IP3M-HX2B

thank-you for everyone's help

I can help a little with some quick answers.

1. do a google search for ip camera lens calculator

2. You will need to look at the temperature specs when picking a camera.

3. Many cameras have built in IR lighting for night vision. Again, look at specs.

4. With poe you will need to put a poe switch/power supply between the powerline adapter and the camera to power the camera. There are a few powerline adapters with poe but probably expensive. You will still need to run a wirefor poe to the camera.

5. Some cameras come with a built in microphone for listening, but usually you will need to add a separate speaker to speak.

6&7. Blue iris is great and highly configurable and works with many cameras. It also has a smartphone app sold separately.

8. Most cameras and BI have motion detection and email alerts. Email alerts may drive you crazy though.

9. Bullet cameras with IR lighting seem to attract lots of bugs. Dome cameras often have ir bleed problems causing a foggy look at night.

Your best bet would be a turret/eyeball type camera for outside.

New Amcrest cameras are rebranded Dahua cameras, very good cameras for the price. You can find good prices on Dahua cameras at sites like ebay/ali express but may not get much of a warranty.There are good prices on Hikvision cameras too with the same warning. Chinese market marked as USA cameras usually have hacked firmware by the seller. Do not do firmware updates.

I hope that helps, not complete and you will need to do some homework.