anmakron

iVMS-4200 username locked/incorrect password/username

so first forgive me for my broken english but there is too much information to check my grammar... so I have installed the program iVMS4200 on my computer to use my residential camera it is connected to this little server down in my basement (I dont know much about this stuff) but anyways... everything seems to be working just fine and I can see the device in the iVMS4200 BUT when I try to add it to my account first time it writes "incorrect username/password" and when I try second time it says "username locked" I do everything as it is in maunal I enter the name of the device "house" ip adress is filled automaticaly port "8000" name "admin" password "12345" (as it should be by default) any help ?

First, try restarting DVR.

Second, are you sure that your admin password is 12345 ? It was a factory default until few years ago, but maybe it's changed. If you want to reset the admin password to 12345 follow this link:

http://www.vikazo.net/cam/

Install Hikvision SADP tool First to get necessary info, and when you copy the serial number skip the first part which is device model number.

We are having the same issue. Has there been any progress on this issue? I have rebooted many times, reset passwords, etc

I also can connect via the Web browser to the DVR, but cannot see any live camera. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you to those who posted about IVMS password issue after installation.

The installation prompts you to create a user ID upon installation and I chose to use "admin" and assign my password.

Subsequent logins using the 'admin' account with the password that I chose failed. If I uninstalled and reinstalled, same thing.

Users on this forum posted that the default 'admin' password used to be 12345 so for ****s-and-giggles i tried '123456' and it allowed me to login. I subsequently changed the password and the new password then worked. Just not during initial installation.

It seems that the ivms software has a problem with the default user ID of admin being used during initial user creation.

Hope this post helps.