dakotmar

audio recording problems with Dowson DVR

I have a 8 channel Dowson DVR (dvr/nvr model) that has 8 audio inputs. The dvr does not record audio for some reason. I have set the record stream to video and audio on the setup page. it will record audio for an hour or so then stop recording. when the dvr does it's weekly reset, it will pick up audio again and stop after about an hour.

the tech support for this dvr has not responded to emails and the supplier has had a fire and will not be of any help for a while.

anyone have any suggestions or have this problem with this dvr.

the bios build is 2015-12-07

product number is AY8008H

Brian

I have a 8 channel Dowson DVR (dvr/nvr model) that has 8 audio inputs. The dvr does not record audio for some reason. I have set the record stream to video and audio on the setup page. it will record audio for an hour or so then stop recording. when the dvr does it's weekly reset, it will pick up audio again and stop after about an hour.

the tech support for this dvr has not responded to emails and the supplier has had a fire and will not be of any help for a while.

Brian

Hi. I would look at changing your dvr. Looking at some of the warnings given............dvr will reset if over worked

I think that means it does not work

As for support ...... Well checks should of been made before it was. bought.

Dowson.com dowsonuse.com

Both only have either aol or gmail email addresses and all contact numbers are cell phones........ And there best selling product is a kids paddle pools.

Simple IP check can save a lot of money.

What happends if you remove 2 cameras and only use 1 microphone??

Brian

Hi. I would look at changing your dvr. Looking at some of the warnings given............dvr will reset if over worked

I think that means it does not work

As for support ...... Well checks should of been made before it was. bought.

Dowson.com dowsonuse.com

Both only have either aol or gmail email addresses and all contact numbers are cell phones........ And there best selling product is a kids paddle pools.

Simple IP check can save a lot of money.

What happends if you remove 2 cameras and only use 1 microphone??

so what dvr/nvr would you recommend that records at least 4 audio channels, 8 would be better?