mfylc

BNC to HDMI or VGA Please help

I am handyman, doing this system by myself. I have a BNC wire coming out of my DVR and I want to connect it to my in-the-wall screen. Input from the screen is either AV, VGA or HDMI. I tried to use a converter (BNC to HDMI) but the screen blinks frequently or turns the images upside down or cuts the bottom half of the images and shows it higher up than the top half. Does anyone know how I can convert the wire so that it should work with my screen? Any advice would be appreciated.

Edited by Guest

easiest way is get a BNC-RCA adapter and plug it into the video socket of the AV inputs. If your DVR hasn't got a HDMI output it must be fairly old. If it hasn't got a VGA output then it must be very old.

The problem is that the wire is in the wall so even though the dvr has an HDMI input, it will not help

I did try the bnc to rca adapter but it didn't work, no clue why, any suggestions.

easiest way is get a BNC-RCA adapter and plug it into the video socket of the AV inputs. If your DVR hasn't got a HDMI output it must be fairly old. If it hasn't got a VGA output then it must be very old.

Assuming you tried this and it didn't work. Make sure that your DVR's output is at a resolution supported by your screen.

My dvr has HDMI and vga output, I got the screen to work with a converter, but screen keeps jumping and changs the screen view settings