aj84

DS-7208HQHI-SH Password issues

Hi all,

I know there is an on-going thread but this is potentially somewhat different scenario. I have now got two of the above boxes - my own which I am very happy with and it works fine and a new one I got from Amazon on Saturday.

The issue is as it was from Amazon marketplace, it has technically been used even if it is just an open box and send back.

In my case, it seems it was powered on, a password set and then returned for a refund.

I have contacted louiseliu but I suspect due the new year, I am not getting a response.

I also know that there is no such security code option via SADP for this specific unit and the only way is an export/import.

Having done this, I have had response from Hikvision with a file that failed - I expect this is due to having switched the DVR off after sending the file?

On replying back to them, the response I then got was that as it was an Amazon issued DVR, they are not official sellers and therefore no further files or support will be given.

So I am now in limbo - I have put a refund and return request in which Amazon are more than happy with but I wanted to know if there is a chance to revive this DVR by a password reset, I would rather do this - it's a good box, it's one I am familiar with as I have one already and it was a decent price.

So what do you think? Is the export/import only unlockable by Hikvision?

Thanks in advance