Sign in to follow this  
stinger

Help me find/buy an indoor system that can't be tampered wit

Sorry for the post not sounding techie, I'm new to this...and here for help.

I'm looking for a cctv setup or wireless cam for indoors (maybe I'll put it on my window seal to look outside for a week)

I was going to buy a wireless camera that through an app I can view on my iPad.

But I'm worried about someone getting hold of the password and watching ME in the living room.

Is there a camera (plus recording device) you can recommend for £250 or under which can not be tampered with? (Like my son deleting what he has just been recorded doing?)

(Needs to be motion activated and have IR but not sure what else)

Do a google search for Hikvision cube. The DS-2CD2432F-IW has on board sd card storage etc.

Be aware that looking through a glass window with IR on will reflect back and blind the camera.

If you do order one, make sure the power supply comes with it if you do not use poe/power over ethernet.

I had a look than you, it was £100 cheaper than the ip camera they tried selling me in the shop.

I'm just worried that my son will download the app and find out my password AND spy on me!

Is there any way around that?

Be aware that buying from online sites like alixpress etc you may not get much of a warranty, or shipping back to China, for instance, could be expensive And don't update the firmware unless you know what you are doing.

When you setup the camera the first time, you will be directed to set a password, choose a good one and you should be safe. If your son can get his hands physically on the camera, he could reset it to default (new), but then you would be locked out when you tried to view or access the camera.

Is there a non iPad system for £250 or under that can't be tampered (parts edited or erased) with?

I don't want to be locked out of my account every time he does something he shouldn't.

Also if I make a good password and have to write it down, someone would be able to find it.

Also if I make a good password and have to write it down, someone would be able to find it.

Make an easy to remember but harder to crack password using a phrase like "MySonNeedsDisciplne".