scgh

Router changed and can't view Hikvision cameras

Hi.

My ISP sent me an updated router. I have installed the router, and I can view my Hikvision cameras through the IVMS-4200 PC software. But I cannot view them via the IVMS-4500 app on my iphone or ipad.

I think there are settings that I must need to change, but I don't know which settings. I didn't install the system, so I am not sure where to start.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

SCGH

I suppose you access your DVR from PC using local IP address (192.168.xxx.yyy) so it's accessible in local network, but for internet access you probably need to forward some ports on your router or use P2P Cloud connection. For more extensive answer I need more information about your system.

Hi. What other information do you need?

Although I could view my nvr via my pic last night after the router change over, unfortunately this morning my nvr lost the link with my pc. So now I have no way to view the footage.

And typically, for the first time, I now have a real need to view my CCTV. Overnight my nvr emailed pictures of someone hanging around my front door and driveway at 1:40am, so I am now very keen to get this working and see the footage!!

I have just purchased a static IP address from my isp. I think this will help.

Please tell me what information you need to get the ball rolling.

Hello. Try setting your DVR network type to DHCP and make sure it is physically cabled to the new router. Then you might try that new static IP address assigned to your new router.

Hi. Don't change IP or use DHCP....

All you have to do is go into your router and look for added devices........ Look for your recorder and you will see recorders local IP. ...... Use that on your PC to connect with recorder