jkirk

QVIS 8 channel domestic DVR apparent failure

Hi, can anyone help me with this please. I have the above DVR which is 3 years old. A 1 TBT WD hard disk is fitted. its has worked perfectly until the other day. No HDD light and no output to network or when tested via the VGA port there is no signal. Inside on the motherboard the power light is illuminated. When powered down and up again there is the sound of the hard disk starting up and attempting to seek then nothing. It cycles through this every few minutes but no signal output. I have tried shutdown and restart several times. Cheers James

Thanks for helping. Do you mean exchanging the existing 12v supply with a new one? Or do I misunderstand?

Hi my thanks again for your input. I assumed that because I had power on the board and I could hear the HD cycling that the mains supply was working fully. Just now I've placed a multimeter across the output cable from the existing 12v power lead (transformer) and I recorded 12v consistently. So it looks like the power supply is functioning.

Thanks. No I have not tried this but mainly because I assumed that the HD must be connected. Will I recieve a signal via the VGA port without the HD? Cheers

Thanks. No I have not tried this but mainly because I assumed that the HD must be connected. Will I recieve a signal via the VGA port without the HD? Cheers

Yes your unit should startup ... a bad hard drive can stop it. And it does no harm removing it