ErnieG

What do all those camera adjustment abbreviations mean?

This is my first post here, and I might have picked an impossible topic. I hope not.

I've assisted with many camera system installations over the last five years, and I've always been baffled by the lack of explanation of the many adjustment abbreviations one finds in the menu of a camera. I've asked a manufacturer or two and have gotten nothing of help.

For instance, WB. I know what that is; it's White Balance. And I don't have a working camera with me right now, so I can't list the other two dozen or so abbreviations I'm likely to run into. FWIW, I'm soon going to be doing a TVI installation.

I've found a manual with some explanations. But what is Sense Up? I can have that off or auto... what difference does it make? What are E-level and S-level Day Night - Auto?

Is it ridiculous to think that a list of such abbreviations is available somewhere on line, or that such a list might be on the site here somewhere as a sticky?

I'm normally a stickler for asking fully detailed questions, and this is so vague I'm embarrassed, but I can't go buy a camera and DVR camera right now and bust it open to ask this question!

FWIW, I'll be doing a TVI camera system soon.

Thanks for your help!