keyi

wireless camera

hi everyone

im new here and no nothing about cctv

ive just bought a cobra compact tv/ahd 4 ch with 2 twilight pro premium tvi cameras, but id like to know if i could make the system wireless so i can add maybe a camera in the back dining room and maybe one in the back yard without running cables.

im hoping i can just buy a receiver to plug into the back of the unit and buy the appropriate cameras

many thanks in advance

There are plenty of units available fairly cheaply but they have their limitations and you are going to have to power them (and the camera ) somehow. These units are advertised as 4 channel but keep in mind that they are really "one of four channels". You cannot plug 4 cameras into it but only select one of the available 4 channels to use. This is to give frequency diversification in case of an interference issue.

I have used one in the past to find out why so many eggs were broken in the chookhouse. Turned out to be a cannibal hen who ended up tasting really good with baked potatoes and pepper sauce.

While they have a use please remember that they are essentially a hobbiest item and not something you should put any degree of faith in. You will have continuous signal dropout issues (especially when raining) as the signal path is short range line of sight

Thanks for your reply the toss, so you are saying I can buy a unit to plug into the box I already have that will able me to connect a wireless camera? I only want it for the dining room and I don't want to have cables all over the place

Thanks