Dee_Ann

Need help finding a SIMPLE IP camera for no internal WIFI

Hi,

Ok, this may sound paranoid and kooky but this is what I need.

I need a CHEAP, SIMPLE little home IP camera that will work stand alone within my own home WIFI, BUT does not require an account of any kind nor requires a connection to the outside world of any kind.

I just want to be able to view it on my iPhone over my WIFI only when I'm within my own home and never outside of the home and as a bonus, if at all possible, be able to call it up on my Roku and view it, again only within my own home WIFI and it never, ever having any connection to the outside world in any way.

Here's the reason. I wired a garage door opener to my coffee pot so that I can lay in bed and press a key fob remote that triggers a relay that electrically "presses the button" on my coffee pot to start it as if I was standing there pressing the button. Furthermore, I also wired a very, very loud alarm/siren on the same circuit to give me audio feedback so that I can "supposedly know" that the coffee pot was triggered and has started. The coffee pot is downstairs and it's pretty hard to hear the siren if the air conditioner is running.

Now this in theory should work 100% fine and probably about 90% of the time it does work perfectly. But sometimes depending on how I am holding the button or the humidity level or my mood, or who knows, sometimes the signal is not good and the relay downstairs will toggle on and off rapidly, I'll hear the siren go on and off rapidly several times but then I have no way of knowing if it was toggled on or off and I just have to HOPE that it actually stayed on and is brewing. When this happens it's almost certain that it's not.

I can try to second guess it and press the button again but it may cycle a few more times or maybe just once but after the first malfunction it's purely a throw of the dice as to if it started or not.

This to me is extremely annoying so I want to get a really cheap little IP camera that I can put in my kitchen facing the coffee pot, when I wake up I can bring up the camera on my iPhone or my Roku (which is connected to the TV in my bedroom) then while watching the coffee pot I can press the button and see if the blue light goes on and stays on so that I can press the button a second or third time or how ever many times I need to to make sure the coffee pot started.

Of course the first thing everyone will say is "Why don't you just use the built in timer on your coffee pot you goofy woman?"

Well, I can't. I'm afflicted by non-24 which means my internal clock is like 32 hours or so. Every single day of my life I go to bed at a different time and wake up at a different time. EVERY TIME. Your wall clock, 12 noon is always at the top and the hands always rotate at the same speed. So for you 10pm and 7am are always at the same time for you.

For me not only are the hands of my clock rotating at a different speed, the face of the clock is also rotating as well so that my "noon" is 2:30pm today but tomorrow it might be at 4:45pm and so on. I stay up 20 to 22 hours and sleep 5 hours at a time to further complicate my life. I can't change that, it's how my body works. So I can't use daily timers or alarms or even calendars for that matter. So for me the only thing that really works is to have a way to trigger my coffee pot from remote when I wake up so that by the time I get dressed and get downstairs my coffee is ready. I've got that part made and working and it's usually OK but not always and then I get raging furious and curse a lot when I go downstairs and find the coffee didn't start.

As for the camera, I do not want one that requires you to create an account of any kind, anywhere. I don't want one that requires a connection to the outside world. I don't want one that uses ANY outside service, cloud, server, etc.. I need it to operate as a stand alone IP camera that functions only within my own private WIFI at home, that I can view with a generic IP camera viewing app on my iPhone and even better via a generic IP camera viewing app on my Roku.

I've tried to dig through Amazon for one but it seems that no such thing exists but if there is one, there is no way to search for an IP camera that meets the criteria I require.

I do not trust the internet, I do not trust "the cloud" or external servers, I will not, under any circumstances put any type of camera system online an in any way or form.

It seems that almost every camera and DVR system ever made comes with Chinese backdoors preinstalled and they can't be blocked or removed. To me that is 100% unacceptable and is a NO SALE issue as far as I am concerned.

Simple and cheap is better. I don't need alerts or motion detection or night vision and absolutely will not consider any camera that requires me to create an account of any kind at all or requires a connection to the outside world. Please tell me such a thing exists!! Oh yeah, and my budget for this very simple camera, $50 max.

Thanks!

Signed, The Crazy Lady...