sirram

Problems with Hikvision software

Have just installed a 4-camera Hikvision set-up (4 cameras attached to an NVR - Model DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P). Cameras are working perfectly - good resolution - really pleased.

But I need some advice on the software:

Web Interface

Is there a way to make the web app remember my settings?

E.g. when I point my browser at my NVR (192.168.0.99 in my case), the web app opens up with room for 9 cameras (3*3). I change this to 4 cameras (2*2) and then double click each of my cameras to get them into view. No problem so far but, if I click on the Playback tab and then return to the Live View tab, the web app has completely forgotten my changes and I have to do them all over again. The web app also forgets every time I log out.

There is also an issue with Clipping (scissors icon) during Playback. It appears to work (i.e. it tells me it's written an MP4 file to my hard disk - but there is no file actually written. Not even the path has been created. I assume this is a Windows 10 permissions problem. Any ideas please?

Client PC App - iVMS-4200(v2.5).

This is much much better than the web app, but after a while, it starts "maxing" out my CPU to nearly 100%. I've running Windows 10 on a fairly new computer with 12 GBytes of memory. Is there a fix for this?

Quick update - some problems now fixed. It seems the installer set-up my NVR as if it had 9 cameras whereas he only installed 4. After days of pushing, he has investigated and fixed this.

He has also pointed me to a newer version of the client app. I am hoping its inbuilt memory management is improved.

Final update - problems largely solved.

1. The web app was defaulting to the 9-camera view because the installer had set up the NVR incorrectly.

2. MP4 files weren't being written to my hard disk because the installer forgot to tell me that I need to enter the IP address of the NVR into my browser's list of trusted sites.

3. I was also unable to open the MP4 files. It turned out that the installer had forgotten to provide the required software (called VSPlayer, downloadable from the Hikvision website.

4. The client PC app, iVMS-4200(v2.5), was max'ing out my PC to 100%. It turned out the installer had given me an old version. When I downloaded the latest version from the Hikvision website, the memory management problems went away.

There were numerous other problems (which I won't bore you with). It took about two weeks to get the software working - but that was the installer's fault, not Hikvision's. The hardware (NVR and cameras) are really excellent.

Have just installed a 4-camera Hikvision set-up (4 cameras attached to an NVR - Model DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P). Cameras are working perfectly - good resolution - really pleased.

But I need some advice on the software:

Web Interface

Is there a way to make the web app remember my settings?

E.g. when I point my browser at my NVR (192.168.0.99 in my case), the web app opens up with room for 9 cameras (3*3). I change this to 4 cameras (2*2) and then double click each of my cameras to get them into view. No problem so far but, if I click on the Playback tab and then return to the Live View tab, the web app has completely forgotten my changes and I have to do them all over again. The web app also forgets every time I log out.

There is also an issue with Clipping (scissors icon) during Playback. It appears to work (i.e. it tells me it's written an MP4 file to my hard disk - but there is no file actually written. Not even the path has been created. I assume this is a Windows 10 permissions problem. Any ideas please?

Client PC App - iVMS-4200(v2.5).

This is much much better than the web app, but after a while, it starts "maxing" out my CPU to nearly 100%. I've running Windows 10 on a fairly new computer with 12 GBytes of memory. Is there a fix for this?