Foxtrot

Unable to connect IP camera after router upgrade- help pls

Hello, first time here. Sorry, I am a noob on this. I recently purchased a Chinese IP camera from ebay(big mistake). I had it connected via a cat 6 to a netus switch and to a netgear router.

The manufacturer provided the software and an app (hi cam). The camera worked normally and I was able to access the camera from my iPad at work. I recently upgraded my router to an asus and renamed the new network exactly as the old. The IP cam is connected the same way as before but now the camera is always offline and I can never connect to it. I tried the IP address That was on the camera's box but the browser times out and doesn't seem to be able to access the camera.

Any advice on how I can get this camera back online, also any suggestions on other apps for viewing that are not Chinese based.

This is the camera I have

NETCAT Waterproof Security Network POE IP Camera HD 1080P 2.0MP IR ONVIF Audio

https://www.ebay.com/p/NETcat-Waterproof-Security-Network-Poe-IP-Camera-HD-1080p-2-0mp-IR-ONVIF-Audio/1576005519

Hi. With changing your router you have blocked the link to the China server you first connected too

And I would keep it that way.... why did you change your router ... was it going slow????

Your camera streams to China server

What IP address was on the box ... a local or external

Hi. With changing your router you have blocked the link to the China server you first connected too

And I would keep it that way.... why did you change your router ... was it going slow????

Your camera streams to China server

What IP address was on the box ... a local or external

Hello, the previous router was a N300 and I upgraded for a dual band AC1900. Not sure about the IP address on the box was local or external, the software is pretty bad and the app is very basic. The communication with the seller/manufacturer is very short, seems they are translating the message. I logged into my router and I think I can see the camera but when I type the address in the browser it doesn't connect. Also the camera seems to have a diff ip camera now that the one in the box. Neither of the IP addresses connect.

You need to isolate if the camera is in fact getting IP address from your router assuming that it is using DHCP. I would start by connecting only one computer and the camera to the router, and seeing if you have two devices connecting. I would also take note of the camera's MAC address, it is likely stickered on it. This may aid in troubleshooting it.

Foxtrot, google for the ONVIF device manager from sourceforge, it may see your camera and let you configure it.

Hi. The IP address on the box how does it start .... 192.168.xxx.xxx or something else

Yes, the ip on the box starts 192.168.1....

Foxtrot, google for the ONVIF device manager from sourceforge, it may see your camera and let you configure it.

I downloaded the program, I didn't find the camera. Could it be that since it's connected to the switch instead of router it's not seeing it?

The switch shouldn't matter, if the camera is ONVIF compliant the ONVIF device manager should see it if the router and camera are on the same subnet.

If it were me, I would next try Advanced Ip Scanner or similar program to try and see your camera.

Any reason why the IP address is not showing on the onvif program? This cam hi app is very basic and very user unfriendly, can anyone suggest a free app to use?

Btw this is what the Chinese seller suggested I do "Hi friend, connect camera to router by ethernet cable, also connect power supply to camera, use search tool software to change camera IP address to the correct one, then you can log in your camera again."

If the camera ip address is 192.168.1.... then your computer ip address should be the same subnet, 192.168.1.xxx.

If your computer and router ip address is 192.168.0.xxx, for instance, it won't see the camera. You will need to use the specialized search tool the dealer recommended, or change the computer ip address to the same subnet as the camera, 192.168.1.xxx. Then plug the camera directly into the computer. log into camera and change the ip address to the same as the router/your system.