Sign in to follow this  
Norwich Dave

Unpaid for system - Diable ideas

Morning everyone, wishing you all a great Bank Holiday. I have an issue that I wanted to throw in the pot.

I'm no way an expert cctv expert, but over the years I've fitted a few systems & I'm comfortable with most problems thrown my way, but I now have a problem that I need advice on.

Last month 29th April 2017 I was asked to supply and fit a system to a friends sister in laws home.

I found a "as new" boxed Swann 4 camera system on gum tree for £100, bought it, checked it out myself over a week at my address, and subsequently fitted it to her home, with the understanding that she'd pay me within 2 weeks.

Five weeks have now passed and although I've asked for my money, still have not received anything. The row has now reached a level where I'm not allowed around her house, but I'm interested in any ideas re disabling it remotely. I can get access to her wifi signal, and unless she's changed that, it is not code protected...(Though I am savvy enough to get any password) Creeping around her home and cutting cables to camera's would not be the answer; One it's illegal, trespass & criminal damage.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Hi it's also illegal to go into her network with intent to block

£100 for system ... and how much for fitting... what is total owed

Re How much is owed. I charged her (who I thought was a friend) simply for the system, the fuel costs, spending 6 hrs up and down ladders, running cables were not charged for.

It's the principle, the £100 will not mean my family go hungry. But like everyone else, I don't like being taken for a fool

Re court. £90 set up costs and in the Uk if the debtor denies the debt, it's for me to prove it and the extra court days costs £500 +

Hi. Small claim is only £25 and usually the court letter is enough to make them pay.

£100 plus £25 costs

And since you hold the paperwork from eBay for the recorder

It should not be a problem