Sign in to follow this  
bobsim73

Camera Picture Distortion

I have a ZMODO 16 channel DVR hard wired system. I made 4 runs using RG59 to my pole barn which is 250-300 feet from the unit. The one camera I have mounted inside is just the standard 700TVL bullet that came with the system and it works fine. The other 3 camera are (2) sony 1.3 MP domes and a Sony 2 MP License Recognition Camera. They have some sort of horizontal lines that make the picture "fuzzy". My first thought is that it might be electrical distortion but I made sure all the lines were run in a separate conduit and no lines run in parallel with electrical lines. My second thought was because some were mounted directly on the metal of the building however one is mounted on the inside on wood and has the same issue. They are all 12v cameras and the power source which is with the main unit is a 12v 5 amp unit. I am thinking that this may be a loss of power but wanted help to try the next step. Do I use a 12v 6 amp power unit or do I use a 24v power supply then convert it to 12v at the camera? I am trying to power the cameras from the unit since the house has a whole home generator and my pole barn does not.

Any suggestion would be helpful.