Sign in to follow this  
Odysseus_Rex

XMEYE Camera keeps going offline

Hello ladies and gents,

I have a home cctv system setup for security purposes at my home using Xmeye to view remotely.

Initially the system worked flawlessly for months but recently the cameras go offline on the app and cloud (displaying the error 'The device is not online, try the other'). Meanwhile the system is still working and saving locally to the internal hard drive as usual.

I found powering down the router and cameras system then powering back on, then re-adding the system to the cloud (via barcode or manually typing in the serial no.) works for a few days, it eventually goes offline again.

Has anyone any idea what could be causing this problem and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Hi. Use the explore app instead it's more stable.

Also only add your system to the cloud one ....... Use local login if you have to reset again.

Hey Tom,

Thanks for the reply.

On the play store there is an app called 'explorer CCTV' is this the app you recommend?

When this happens I run a network test to try and find out the problem but just get 'ERR' as you see in the picture:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4x6NMjmaUKTMbUt63

I have tried rebooting the router on its own then running the test again but get the same result. If I reboot the CCTV system and router together I get a few days before the problem happens again.