martynh99

Recommendations please.

Currently have an aging 4ch system that has a mixture of cameras attached and it's time for a refresh.

Current setup

- 4CH DVR with 500G disk

- 2 * 420tvl 3.6mm camera covering driveway ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/OUTDOOR-SECURITY-CAMERA-420TVL-VISION/dp/B008FN720K )

- 1 * B/W camera with audio sat above front door

- 1 * colour camera, not sure of capability but likely 420tvl

Requirements

- Looking to get much better quality and coverage with additional expansion should I need it so looking for 8ch.

- only need 3 cameras initially, driveway is 38ft wide so 3 cams should cover if spaced well.

- Mobile app (IOS/Android)

- ideally audio on one camera above front door but could always run external mic if need to

- 10 day recording capability, compromise on that with motion/heat trigger recording.

Not sure whether to go 1080p, AHD or PoE - is there that much difference.

Ideally don't want to spend more than £400 so I know that will limit me a little.

Been looking at Maxxone (local trade place sells these but 2TB DVR & 4 * 1080p cams was £505), Annke & Hikvision as these are ones that seem to offer what i'm after under my ideal budget.

Current setup view

301045_1.jpg

And at night time, just at bottom of Cam1 you can see a dual LED floodlight, same is over on far left where blue car is.

301045_2.jpg

Hi. Being in the uk you would work on cameras for around the £45 mark.

Cvi 2mp and the recorder around the £120 mark for a hybrid

This will allow you to use your existing cameras plus 2mp HD

Ended up buying from UK distributor (so proper UK specced kit)

DVR - Hikvision 8ch 1080P DVR with 2TB drive

3 * Hikvision 1080P 80m EXIR Bullet 3.6mm

Only got two of them setup as now, ran external grade Cat5e cable to them as the bnc/power cables to the old cameras just couldn't handle the pictures at all. Just need to get the ladders out and get back up to the 3rd camera to run the cable in and i'm sorted.

Quality on the cameras is excellent though.

Might just be me that hasn't found how to do it yet but my old DVR could do continous record and motion detection record concurrently, the Hik doesn't seem able to