Sign in to follow this  
FlexiPack

Parent friendly setup

Hi,

I would really appreciate some help in deciding which system to go for. My parents want a simple outdoor camera setup with 1 camera, but with the possibility of adding a 2nd camera later on. Initially, I was looking at the more consumer end of the market; at products like the Netgear Arlo. Those consumer products, whilst simpler to setup and maintain, seem to have a lot of drawbacks or bugs after reading through various reviews.

So, I've ventured further afield and starting looking at products with dedicated DVR's. I must admit, I'm bit unsure as to what would be best so I'm hoping if I put the main requirements, one or two of you folks could point me in the right direction?

The main requirements are:

Minimum of 720p

Night Vision

An iOS App

The ability to view a live feed and recorded feed on the iOS device (Ipad in this case)

No mandatory monthly fee (that's the Nest cam out)

Budget <£200

Wi-fi - not essential but preferable for ease of setup and use)

A Wi-fi setup would be preferable as the camera will be on the side of the garage. The garage isn't directly connected to the house and so poses extra problems in connecting it to the internet.

I've looked at vendors like Swann. They seem to tick all the boxes. My main concerns are with the quality of the app (bad reviews, like Netgear) and the additional setup hurdles such as needing a monitor to be able to configure and maintain it. I don't live near my parents to be on hand for regular maintenance.

Thanks

A camera like the Dahua IPC-HFW1320S-W might fit your needs. It takes a 128gb micro sd card to store video, is wireless, night vision etc.

Hello. Have you considered any inexpensive 2 or 4 camera wifi NVRs?

That's what I was thinking to be honest but for a layman like myself, the choice is pretty overwhelming!

A camera like the Dahua IPC-HFW1320S-W might fit your needs. It takes a 128gb micro sd card to store video, is wireless, night vision etc.

Thanks for the suggestion. I can't see to find that brand in the UK.