jhe

IVMS 4500 problem

any help/advice would be much appreciated.

had Hikvision DVR recorder and cameras installed earlier last year.

we have always viewed cameras on an IVMS 4500 mobile app.

its worked well until a few days ago the app stopped working on both iphones and Android.

Rang Hikvision they suggested because all stopped working suddenly it may be a Virgin Media problem and to check with them the port is open- rang virgin and did that, but still not working

contacted TP-Link they advised rebooting and configuring the wifi extender.- did that still wont work.

tried deleting and reinstalling IVMS 4500 -still no joy

Ipad doesnt have a problem though and works fine,

only thing I can think is my phone register mode is HiDDNS- ipad is IP/Domain.

even tried IP/Domain on phone still no joy

If this has been asked previous apologies

Hi,

suggest updating the firmware on DVR and using the Hik connect app with p2p networking function.

If you don't want to update firmware then check open ports using yougetsignal.com and see if ports 80, 8000 & 554 are open. If they are then the issue is with Hiddns not linking. You can manually enter a primary DDNS as 8.8.8.8 & alt DDNS as 8.8.4.4. this is on the dvrs configuration menu & networking

Suggest using dyn.com which is another DDNS service as you can't add any more devices to hiddns .

If you choose to update firmware and P2p function then watch these two videos ( choose hikvision remote viewing setup) http://www.cctvwholesales.co.uk/support-hikvision.html#

Also, try the DVR directly connected to the router without any repeaters in case its the reporter that's the issue.

Hi,

suggest updating the firmware on DVR and using the Hik connect app with p2p networking function.

If you don't want to update firmware then check open ports using yougetsignal.com and see if ports 80, 8000 & 554 are open. If they are then the issue is with Hiddns not linking. You can manually enter a primary DDNS as 8.8.8.8 & alt DDNS as 8.8.4.4. this is on the dvrs configuration menu & networking

Suggest using dyn.com which is another DDNS service as you can't add any more devices to hiddns .

If you choose to update firmware and P2p function then watch these two videos ( choose hikvision remote viewing setup) http://www.cctvwholesales.co.uk/support-hikvision.html#

Also, try the DVR directly connected to the router without any repeaters in case its the reporter that's the issue.

Wow $1,200 for a tvi camera. You are expensive

Down load the new ivms .... available from last Tuesday from hik site.

thanks tomcctv

if it is the 5260 I have tried that without any success

thank you for your help, much appreciated

thanks to your advice I am back up and running as normal

I too had all kinds of problems with one iphone in our household. One was working flawlessly and the other, all of a sudden, would not work with IVMS 4500. Tried everything in the book, nothing worked until I rebooted our modem. Sometimes the simplest thing to try is what we overlook

any help/advice would be much appreciated.

had Hikvision DVR recorder and cameras installed earlier last year.

we have always viewed cameras on an IVMS 4500 mobile app.

its worked well until a few days ago the app stopped working on both iphones and Android.

Rang Hikvision they suggested because all stopped working suddenly it may be a Virgin Media problem and to check with them the port is open- rang virgin and did that, but still not working

contacted TP-Link they advised rebooting and configuring the wifi extender.- did that still wont work.

tried deleting and reinstalling IVMS 4500 -still no joy

Ipad doesnt have a problem though and works fine,

only thing I can think is my phone register mode is HiDDNS- ipad is IP/Domain.

even tried IP/Domain on phone still no joy

If this has been asked previous apologies