Sign in to follow this  
DarrenK

Night image problems

I have Sony Starvis IMX290 Hi Definition 1080P 2.13 Mega Pixels CCTV Cameras,I purchased these as they give full colour night vision with low levels of lighting. The problem I have is anything moving is blurred and appears to drag the image behind, so if a person walks into view they leave a ghost image behind which follows them. Once still the images are clear but moving is blurred.I've tried in black and white, it's marginally better but I'm still getting the same issues on all 5 cameras, not sure what to change.

I would guess your exposure is set too slow. That allows a good static night scene, but causes ghosting when there is movement. Setting the exposure faster should clear the problem, but night vision will suffer. Adding more white light will help for the night color view.

Thanks for reply, my exposure is set to auto, if I change it to manual anything above 1/25 gives me total darkness? AGC is 0 and sens up is off as these make my images even worse. When you say white light ate you referring to artifical lighting? I have LED lights and floodlights covering all areas and still have these issues, colour and b&w.

Thanks.

Yes, by white light I mean artificial regular lighting, not IR.

Are your cameras Dahua or Hikvision? Some cheaper cameras have the good low light sensors, but just don't perform as well.

How does the motion look when set to black and white at night?

More light could be the only answer for color at night.

Cameras are the above spec but have Longse logo on them. B&w is better, clearer with less blur. One thing I will say viewed through the app on my phone or Ipad image looks better but if I upload from dvr to memory stick playback on pc is poor? Facial recognition would be difficult?

Image sensors are expensive with good low light performance. Not sure whether Longse actually uses them for their cheap cameras.

In addition to shortening shutter exposure time, you may turn off 3D-NR option, if set any.

I will give it ago, anything to try and improve images. If it have to goto b&w for night images then I will but was trying for the colour night vision as it is a feature.