Sign in to follow this  
Douglas

New system.....new questions??

Okay, I got my new system all set up which you can find here. https://www.lorextechnology.com/hd-ip-security-camera-system/8-channel-security-camera-system-with-6-hd-surveillance-cameras/LN10804-86W-1-p

When I started the NVR all cameras showed right up. I currently just have the NVR connected to a PC monitor via VGA. So all six cameras produce an image when I boot up the NVR. But, when I click on any of the six channels to enlarge the image to full screen, it takes forever for all six images to reappear when I go back to the smaller view. I would think that all six images should reappear pretty quickly when exiting out of full screen mode on one of the channels. A few of them pop right up but the others take quite awhile to reappear. I can enlarge any of the six channels to full screen and they appear instantly. It's just when you go back to showing the six smaller images on the screen that the lag occurs. There is no lag going back and forth if I only have four or two of the channels set to show......just when I have all six set to show. I can click on one of the blank channels that hasn't appeared yet and it instantly shows that channel in full screen.

I have the Flir cloud client on my desktop PC and this issue doesn't happen when viewing through my desktop. The Flir secure mobile app on my phone works fine too. This issue only occurs with the PC monitor connected directly to the NVR. I even tried another PC monitor using the HDMI connection and had the same issue. All six cameras show up in the settings with a green light under status. Plus on the NVR it shows a green light for each six cameras. When I click on sequence to cycle through all the different views, it does great with full screen for each camera, showing only 2 and 4 channels, but once it cycles to showing all six channels, they don't have time to load before the next view cycles.

Any ideas? Thanks!

I ended up calling tech support. I heard bad things about their tech support from the online reviews. I have to say that I was really pleased with their tech support. They had me change a few settings and all is well now.

Hi if using sequence the two not used channels must be switched off. To give it a smooth switching.

How is the 2k image

The image is great! I have one of the cameras pointing at my shop. I can read the license plate on my truck.....not too bad. On my desktop PC I have a 4k monitor. I have the Flir cloud client on my PC so I can view my six cameras on my 4k monitor. The night vision is just black and white. I live out in the country and at night it is pitch black. So there is no additional light to help with color night vision.

So what do most people do as far as a dedicated monitor? I envisioned just using my desktop PC monitor but now I'm thinking maybe a dedicated HDTV. I run a construction business from my home so I use my PC quite a bit for that. So there would be a lot of switching back and forth if I used my PC monitor to take a peek at the cameras. It would be nice to have a dedicated monitor that I can glance over at anytime to see if a delivery is arriving, etc.