Sign in to follow this  
chuckwagon52

Power supply issues

Hi, I just purchased a new 18CH 20A power supply box. I hooked it up and everything was perfect for about 3 hours. I had no signal and when I checked the box the LEDs were flashing from bright to dull. I checked the voltage and it was going from 12V to 4V corresponding with the LEDs. I disconnected the cameras (14) and the box went to normal voltage and LEDs with no load. I monitored the voltage as I started plugging the cameras back in. I got to six cameras when the voltage started to drop. I connected the other cameras with the original wall warts and the system was working. About 2 hours later the cameras on the power box did the same thing as earlier. I now have the box running 3 cameras, been ok for about 2 hrs now. I`m assuming I was sent a defective box, but wanted to ask as this is my first install with these power supplies. Thanks

Thanks for your reply. I did attempt 4 cameras again after the box ran 3 all night. Same results, had to return to 3. Still waiting word from manufacturer on warranty.